Sign in to follow this  
approx

Cura Hangs after slicing a complex object

Posted · Cura Hangs after slicing a complex object

I am using cura RC4 on windows - what I notice is that after I slice a complex object (large object), cura hangs ("not responding") while trying to load the gcode animation for the object that it just sliced... Eventually it does load up the gcode visualization - but after a while... so it would be good if there was a way in preferences or somewhere to toggle gcode visualization feature and turn off gcode animation feature...

Hitesh

Hallo,

in top of the window, there are some buttons. There you can switch what to display. Press the left one, and ne gcode should be displayed.

You're right, during the loading of the GCode preview, the GUI hangs. When I made the code for the GCode loading I didn't know about some things inside of Python, which is causing this irritating bug. I've known about it for quite a while already, but I haven't found a way around it without making GCode loading times much worse.

(It's the loading of the file that takes long, not the displaying, the displaying has been improved in RC3 so it is faster and doesn't block the GUI)