Weird nozzle blocking during print

kryckter

Posted · Weird nozzle blocking during print

So I am new to 3D printing. I have had my printer for a few days now. I have printed the robot with good success and some other small things. However, whenever I try to print something larger the nozzle will block on my ultimaker 2.

I am printing on the quick print settings, the default one. Bed temp is 60c and the nozzle temp is 220c. The material is the PLA that came with the USA ultimaker, I have had this problem with all 3 of the materials. It seems to print the base fine, it always starts to block when it gets to the next part when it starts the cross section, etc.

I can easily choose to change material and it will back out fine. After the first time, I did the Atomic cleaning method and it was perfectly clean.

Here are some pictures:

2B1E6A45-1E09-4FC9-A9FF-721FF9F9D9A5.jpg

BA19FCFD-CB43-42A1-8E92-288AFE48B622.jpg

Are you by any chance printing at flow rates below 100%?

There seems to be a strange bug in Marlin that does similar things to my prints if I go below 100%: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/7764-underextrusion-when-flow-is-set-below-100/

If this is not the case I guess something is wrong with your teflon insulator (deformed/too small inner diameter).

Or your filament is too large or damaged from grinding.

So, after some reading I think I have narrowed it down to 2 problems that I had introduced. First one, I think I had the bed too close to the nozzle, this was not allowing enough material to come out properly. Secondly, I had over-tightened the 4 silver thumbscrews on the top of the nozzle assembly.

Combination of those 2, once I corrected those I have been getting great prints again. Hope this may help someone diagnose in the future :)

hi bro , did you solve this problem , my ultimaker2 seems have the same problem , the filament will stop coming out if my print time is very long , about 1 hour , it will block the nozzle .

hi bro , did you solve this problem , my ultimaker2 seems have the same problem , the filament will stop coming out if my print time is very long , about 1 hour , it will block the nozzle .

I did solve the problem, see my post above (It was delayed waiting approval). I dont know if that will help you out but mine was due to me being a novice and learning the machine. Good luck!