UM2 - unsolvable under extrusion ?

izo2

Posted · UM2 - unsolvable under extrusion ?

hi !

i buy my um2, 2 months ago.

but since 2 weeks i'm facing underextrusion issue.

i trying anything :

atomic method (5 times) white filament look clean and well shape.

different material feader force.

different material, all high quality

clean everything,

tight all the belt, recalibrate multiple time the buildplate....

i still have random outline with under extrusion, and 100% infill not perfectly full

and this annoying "toc" noise from the material feader.

it's a appear more and big size object, wich i run 30 mm/s in 0.2 layers.

i get use to an accurate machine even @ 100 mm/s before that.

don't know what to do more. :-(

If you hear the tocking noise as the feeder motor jumps back, then the motor is encountering too much torque, fighting too much resistance. You need to work out why.

30mm/s at 0.2 sounds ok, conservative in fact.

You don't mention filament. What filament are you printing with, where did you get it, and at what temperature are you printing? How much printing had you done and at what temperatures, prior to the last two weeks?

hi , i finally disassemble the printed head, clean everything, in it.

still have underextrusion on the extrusion object test object found in the forum.

and finally by rising temps from 210 to 230, i finally achieve 10 mm3/s without problem.

it's a colorfabb black pla, i get use to print this brand @ 210 ° like they write on the box. but looks this one need additional temp.

Just to notice: 30mm/s at 0.2mm layers isn't so conservative, that's about the same as 60mm/s at 0.1mm layers, what is quite a speed as for good quality a speed of 30mm/s at 0.1mm layer is about a generall recommendation.

Hi izo2,

For Colorfabb i usually go for 230°c for the first layer(s) i keep that temperature if want to print thick layers at a good speed (more than 50mm/s). 210°c works well for smaller layers 0.1 with a speed of 50mm/s it should work.

If it doesn't there must be another reason than the filament, maybe the Teflon piece got deformed? To you feel some resistance when you do the atomic method?

yes the teflon add a bead inside, i use a drill bit to reshape it. and i chamfer a bit the filament tube.

looks like everything is ok now.

also at wich tempereature i should print abs without deform the teflon ?

Hi Izo2 a couple of weeks ago I did quite a lot of printing with Colorfabb black using .200 @ 60mm/s with a temp of 210 which I dropped to 207 after layer 1. The piece had an overhang along the entire length so I had the fans on 100% after layer 2.

Now, I had a search through my test blocks and found one for CF black using .200 @60mm/s with a temp of 225. It is really unusual for me to go over 220 (I can only think of one other PLA filament) so I am assuming that I was struggling with 210/220 and had to push with 225.

Why the difference - do not know! The only setting difference would be the fans which for the test block would have been running at 40 or 50