Super heavy weight community meet up

SandervG

Posted · Super heavy weight community meet up

Ever wanted to meet the heavy weight Ultimaker Guru's?

Ever wanted to see what sparkling persons go behind the avatar's?

Ever wanted to drink a beer with those who have helped many of us?

You can!

Ultimaker has invited Illuminarti, Gr5, IRobertI, Paul C. en Luis R. to the Ultimaker HQ and do a meet up with the R&D team and see some of the beauties that Holland has to offer.

This means on Sunday 26th we will be in Utrecht to do a high beer and this is an open invite for you in the area to drop by and have a beer with us and meet us.

Depending on the possibilities from the location I plan on starting at 3pm.

The location has yet to be decided, but it will be in Utrecht.

Looking forward seeing you there, and I would appreciate it if you could let me know below if you plan on dropping by.

See you there!

Hey, who are you calling fat!? :p

Looking forward to it, but I'm panicking a bit... Haven't been sick in about 2 years but today I'm feeling a tickle in my throat and I've been sneezing :O Put some extra pepper and garlic in my lunch today...

@Jonny: This is why Sander wrote 'for you in the area'... :p

@Sander: I guess the really interesting meeting will be on Monday... ;)

I would really love to meet you guys all together but it's indeed a bit on short terms for the distance... anyway have fun!

@Robert: Putting garlic into your lunch is too late if you've already been bitten by a vampire... :shock:

If it is not too far from central station in Utrecht I can get there, since I will be going to Eurospoor on the same day which is in the Jaarbeurs.

so the 26th.. of which month? this month?

Yes, this month. Upcoming sunday!

@ Robert.. I am not calling anyone fat.. but I hear some don't work out as much as others... ;)

Damn wish I could join you!

Sounds good,

I'll keep you posted if I get Permission :oops:

I may also get permission :)

lol. Bunch of bad-asses over here ;)

I'm 90% sure to be there, you catched me with the word beer :mrgreen:

Who is going to be there from Ultimaker?

Tempting... so tempting. I don't beer, but the prospect of seeing some of you is indeed very tempting :)

Hey Sander, any info where this will be in Utrecht? Want to buy a train ticket and Utrecht seems to have a lot of train stations... I guess I won't do anything terribly wrong with "Utrecht Centraal"?

@Dim3nsioneer: What about monday? The day in question is this sunday right?

@Nicolux i guess the guys don't fly from the us just for a beer (or they would have come to belgium :mrgreen: )

I guess that the rest of the week will be used to go through more work related stuff (r&d, building of the printers, innovation etc...)

Unfortunately for me (or not) an event occured that will probably make it impossible for me to be there Sunday :(

Who ever will be at this event: The rest of us wants a GROUP SELFIE posted here in the forum!!! Please... B)

I'm gonna be there.

Hi Nico, it would be great if you could join us, really!

It will be at http://www.cafe-olivier.be/content/locaties/utrecht (which is I heard a Belgium Cafe, Didier? :p)

The address: Achter Clarenburg 6a and it was pretty close to Utrecht Centraal

We arrive there around 4pm for a beer tasting.

You (and I mean everyone in this thread) are more then welcome to join in or just get a normal beer and come and meet us!

I believe there will be Harma, myself, Nallath (who can introduce himself with his real name in Utrecht (cliffhanger), a bunch of other people from R&D who spent less time on the forums and I think 1 or 2 from technical support.

So.. quite a few :D

Alright sold, I'll be there. Initially I planed to attend to our anual lan party with some close friends, but it will have to be for saturday only.

Speaking of Utrecht, any tipps for a decent hotel in the neighborhood?

I am not from Utrecht so I wouldn't know.. I could use google but my guess would be as good as yours.

I will ask some people in the office, there are some from Utrecht.

Cool, thanks. Just booked the train ticket. I'll wait with the hotel reservation until tomorrow.

Now, how weird would it look if I travel with a square shaped suitcase? :mrgreen:

Cool, thanks. Just booked the train ticket. I'll wait with the hotel reservation until tomorrow.

Now, how weird would it look if I travel with a square shaped suitcase? :mrgreen:

Makes it easier to find you guys :)

Hey guys,

I know it is a long shot but maybe someone from UM could pack an UMO hotend insulator for sunday. A friend of mine needs it badly. I'll pay for it of course.

It is this one:

thx.

Long time user, never-poster here.

Sounds fun. Any idea where exactly yet?