Ultimaker prints objects diagonal

Posted · Ultimaker prints objects diagonal

Hello everyone,

Big problem. I want to print something and I'm already trying this for 3 days but I can't figure out how. I'm using skeinpypy ( can't get Cura installed but that ain't a problem because skeinpypy WAS working fine for the last two months ), without any problems. But since two days the printer just keeps printing objects diagonal. And by this I mean he is printing a layer and places the next layer 1 mm to the left. So you end up with all your objects diagonal. I was printing a very big object when it began. It was a big square and it ended up being a diagonal square. Can someone please help me?

I've already downloaded skeinpypy again, other settings but nothing works. The only thing that works is printing a very small box. No problem with that. But bigger objects will fail.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Sound to me like either the X-motor is skipping steps, or the X-timingbelts are slipping. The motor might skip steps if the axles are not lubricated or if something interferes with the belts, and the belts might slip if the pulleys have come loose. It could also be that the pulleys have become uncalibrated: See step 10 of the extrusion head assembly guide.

Anyway, that's what I would check :)

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it isn't helping a bit :(. It seems every time the z-axis goes one down ( when it prints a new layer ) the x goes one tiny bit to the left which makes every print perfectly diagonal BUT that is not what I want! Any other suggests?

If you hold the printer head with you hand when the motors are off, does it glide smoothly in both directions? Have you tried reinstalling the firmware to? Is this on every model, even ones that have printed well before? Do you have some known-to-be-good .gcode that also gets this problem? Are the wires of both the motors and the endstops twisted?

Just brainstorming a little here, I'm pretty new to this still, so I might easily be missing something...