Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura problems after win 8.1 'upgrade'


geoff-t

Recommended Posts

Posted · Cura problems after win 8.1 'upgrade'

Microsoft finally FORCED me to 'upgrade' to win 8.1 from win 8.0, I'd been resisting since the end of last year as every time I went through the process it failed to upgrade and offered no solutions to the problems and generally required a factory reset to get things back to normal.

Anyway yesterday despite my best efforts to avoid any change it offered no choice but to upgrade within 4 hours! it restarted itself and upgraded, mostly successful but has left me with some significant problems.

I had problems with Cura 14.07 straight away, ultra slow reactions in the active model window. I can't zoom, rotate the view or use the other buttons, If I do a rotate view nothing happens tab through to another application then back to cura and the move has happened. I've removed re-installed and tried other versions of Cura but still the same problem even with very small models or no model loaded.

I'm running on a lenovo laptop with Nvidia GEFORCE and intel onboard graphics, played around with options on those and disabled virus firewall.

This is obviously a microsoft problem but given the symptoms in cura I wonder if anyone has any suggestions.

 

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cura problems after win 8.1 'upgrade'

    Reboot? Helped me once with a similar issue.

    Certainly installing the newest graphic drivers will not hurt... ;) it might be that your present opengl drivers are not so harmonic with Win8.1.

    You really were forced to upgrade? I still run my laptop with 8.0 and was not yet forced to upgrade...it's the machine I slice all the prints with Cura 14.07... o-oh... :huh:

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cura problems after win 8.1 'upgrade'

    Thanks Dim3nsioneer, yes I was forced, it started with an option to delay for 2 days maximum which after that the choice limited to a maximum 4 hours, once restarted that was it.

    I've re-booted many times with no success, I can remember that solving a similar issue last year when trying to upgrade. I'll have a look at the opengl drivers.

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cura problems after win 8.1 'upgrade'

    I'm getting there, my windows user profile got corrupted in the 'upgrade' process, I created a new account and from there I can now use Cura and other programmes that had stopped working properly. So at least I can get back to work with the minor inconvenience of having to change users.

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Archived

    This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...