Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
r2d2

eSherpa- the 3d printed electro trolley

Since about 3 years i was thinking about a little machine which can make my life as a tandem pilot a little bit easier.. i know i have the best job in the world but there is only one bad point: carrying 25 kg stuff uphill.

But since i got my UM2 i was able to print out a old dream of mine.

The eSherpa

I am interested to know what you guys are thinking about a 3D printable offroad electro trolley...

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/esherpa--17

Wow, didn't think that parts that strong could be done with an UM2.. what is it, ABS?

Yes, its printed in ABS. I printed one version in PLA but after i forgot the device in the hot sun the black telescope was heated up so much that some parts get warped...

Most of the strength come from a clever construction. The two axis parts gets connected with two 5 mm steel bolts...

"They see me rollin', they hatin'" :mrgreen:

Very cool :) I love how you get passed all the others that are carrying their bags, nice projects and great of you to let it be opensource :cool:

What's the autonomy of the device?

The battery last for six turns. This is good for a complete "working" day in high season. But a second battery is always fully loaded at home...

BTW: How can i get this youmagine link into my signature?