Cura - Dual Extrusion

rjaa

Posted · Cura - Dual Extrusion

Hi all,

It's been a while since I did any dual extruding (DE) however I might be having a go again in the next week or so,

Just wondering if anybody knows whether the flow bug in DE cura has been ironed out in the latest versions?

i.e. Is it possible to set different flow rates (filament diameter, or flow (%) ) using the cura interface or does it still just use the first values for both extruders?

I'm hoping its fixed to save me merging code in notepad again!

Cheer,

Rob

Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum.

I fear nothing has changed in Cura.

But there are two other possibilities in the meantime. If you have a not too old Marlin version on your UMO.

Possibility 1: Use the TweakAtZ 3.2 plugin with the extruder specific flow

Possibility 2: switch to volumetric reprap flavor and add two M200 commands to your start.gcode for setting the proper filament diameters

Hi Dim3nsioneer,

Thanks for the reply, I can see how M200 could possibly work,

however I can't see an obvious method of setting M200 for each extruder independently, is it a case of just setting it in between the relevant T0 and T1 codes in the start.gcode accordingly? And if it is, will the value be remembered, or will it need to be included in the extruder change gcode?

Is it just a simple scaling of the E values?

I'll have a play tomorrow and see if I can get it to work...

Thanks again,

Rob

Assuming the diameters are 2.85 and 2.95 as an example then you simply add

M200 T0 2.85

M200 T1 2.95

to the start.gcode and the printer will keep it during the print. With volumetric flavor the E values are in cubic mm i.e. independent of the filament diameter.