Gaps in the layer

stephang

Posted · Gaps in the layer

Hello,

I printing currently with my new Colorfabb material and I recognized small gaps between each line. I read a lot of belt tension and have retighten the small y-belts (they were so tight as before). Maybe someone has some tips for me.

The image was taken after 5-6 layers printed.

Cura Setting:

- layer heigt 0,1mm

- print speed 50mm/s

- print temperature 210°C

gaps in the layer

Is this a new printer, I mean at most 6 month old?

It appears to be the same behavior like that in the discussion here, and yet no resolution.

Could you please slice a simple test "cube" (20x20x10 mm) and print it to be sure it exhibits the issue?

Then post both the G-code and the configuration file (I don't know how this can be obtained in Cura, but should be a way).

Of course, a picture would complete the... documents of the case.

Yes, the printer is 2 month old. But I think I found the main error, because the cube looks mostly good (i think not perfect). What is your opinion? In the first post I had activated the "spiralize" option because the picture show the ground plate of a vase. I thought it would print the bottom layer normal and print only the walls with the spiralize option. But here is my g-code and ini file: cube.zip

IMG 0880

IMG 0881

Yup cubes look good to me. Some touches of elephants feet but if the filament decides its going to do that, often there is not much you can do about it - I try to drop the temp assuming I am not going at an insane speed.

Lol I cannot get my brain around what I am looking at looking at your spiralise pic. The threads might be a result of going too fast, not sure, or is that area an overhang. The pitted areas would worry me probably but I cannot work out their print orientation - which applies to all the surfaces!!