Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
lbeentjes

Printer doesnt print straight after heated bed upgrade

"leaning downwards" usually means leaning left, right, forwards or backwards. These are caused by either a loose X belt or a loose Y pulley - usually the on on the motor which is the hardest one to get to. But really you should post a picture of a "leaning downwards" print. To post a print do "gallery" in the top left of this page, then click "upload" button. Later make a new post and click "my media" next to smile icon.

First of all front/back lean would be the Y axis. So your X axis is fine you only have to worry about Y.

Two things can cause that lean. One is short belt rubbing on wood frame. The other is loose pulley screws. To test for rubbing, move the head front and back and look in the rear left corner at the Y stepper and watch the short belt. Does it twist different directions when you move the head? If so it is rubbing the wood. Add some washers for spacers under the 4 standoffs for the motor mount. Or move the pulley closer to the stepper (loosen set screw, slide so almost touching - maybe .5mm - then tighten the hell out of set screw).

The UMO also should have come with a spare set of "silver" set screws. The ones that comes with the pulleys are black. The silver ones are better (pointier). I'm still using my black ones. I just tightened the hell out of them. So tight that the hex wrench is twisting.

Make sure you get all 6 (six) pulleys on the Y axis. Most especially the 2 on the short belt (motor and above).