Sign in to follow this  
LePaul

Filament Feeder on Ultimaker Original squeaking!

Posted · Filament Feeder on Ultimaker Original squeaking!

It sounds like I have a bird trapped in my house!

No issue with Ultimaker Silver PLA. Used a new spool of Ultimaker blue and no issue...but printing tonight and squeaking away. A 15 hour print mind you!!

I have the spool on the back, the PLA is springing-off the roll and pulling the filament fine.

But the SQUEAK every 25 seconds is maddening! Help!

My UM2 squeeks sometimes on retraction, I think it's usually the filament (being a really glossy surface) squeeking against the plastic guide. Probably a similar thing going on here or rubbing against itself.

I can see how that can be infuriating though :p Also I'd be paranoid about tangles!

If your determined to keep your spool at the original place at the back i would advice to print Roberts "low friction spool holder".

Well that roll of Ultimaker Blue PLA seems to be hexxed The Filament doesn't roll off the spool without kinking up, it was making the Bowden tube pop off the print head for a while last year....might be time to bag it up and use something else to print the Low Friction Holder.....is that on Youmagine?

Ok that's for the Ultimaker 2 but in that link, it appears he made one for the Ultimaker 1

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:251409

Oh wait, that's the one part to mount it to the Ultimaker :)

Now the hard part, sourcing metric threaded rods in an area that has few things metric...