Delivery and Order Issues - Poor Support & Service

Posted · Delivery and Order Issues - Poor Support & Service

I'm told all the other 3d printer companies have horrible support but this isn't much of a defense.

@sod - If you had asked before you ordered (I know - how are you supposed to know to do that) I would have told you to order your printer through the USA based makershed which has a more sophisticated ordering system that knows what is in stock and what is not.

@sod - message this guy to get a more accurate delivery estimate - explain that you aren't in a rush so much as that you need to know the date because you are moving soon - so click the link below and then "send me a message" button:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/user/423-sandervg/

Make sure to include your order number. It should be a large number that probably starts with the letter E.

• Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem here is ultimaker doesn't take action with this situacion. I read a lot of time: "They are really busy right now that is why they can't answer", thank you guys I really appreciate that you take the time to give us a idea what is happening. The problem with that is that comes from users!!!! and not from ultimaker!. Ultimaker has the responsability to say to customer: "I am sorry for the delay, we are doing everything as possible to ship/respond/fix, etc. to you " but they don't do it.

'I am sorry for the delay, we are doing everything as possible to fix this'

Well, consider it said now ;) All jokes aside, we recently almost doubled our support team (+3 people). We -are- working on this.

It's just poor crisis management. Patience is a virtue is not a company policy. I would love to collect $2500 checks then distribute my products at my leisure. I think I could make a lot of money just collecting payments - that is the easy part. Delivering the product in a timely manner is not a large request considering the dollar amount. Our family flower shop collects payments in the thousands all the time, but come wedding day we don't tell the bride that because of supplier issues elsewhere she can't have her wedding flowers for another 6 weeks. Just be patient. We wouldn't take the gig if we knew we couldn't deliver. That's just called taking the money and running. The "we have been paid already" mentality seems to be in full effect here. If there is no product to deliver - why are orders still be accepted and lead times adjusted based on a never ending influx? Maybe hold off on taking new orders until you can manage the current crop? None stop overwhelming of employees and staff won't solve the problem - it just sets this to be the new norm.

I understand your impatience and eager to get started with 3D printing, but saying we should stop taking orders when there is a lead time is not a realistic hypotheses in my opinion.

Having a lead time is not a rare thing, especially in this market it is a common thing.

The fact that we had our stock and supply under control for a while is very good, and that gives this an extra sharp edge.

However, this will also be solved and with the fixes we are implementing today we are minimizing the chance of this happening again.

If we would stop taking orders would do more damage to Ultimaker, and eventually its entire community then continue taking orders, work our ass of fixing this and shipping out everything asap.

It is just a matter of time before this lead time has been reduced to zero again.

It happened before. Anyone remember when Ultimaker 2 was just released?

We are now working on creating a clear picture of the current situation and what you can expect in the near future in regard of user experience / shop update.

Once this has been put together I will open up a new thread and possibly an email will be send to the users involved.

SandervG -

Those are valid points for not stopping orders, I also understand your frustration with having to reply to people who think you aren't work as hard as you can or don't care. I don't think that. But everyone is in agreeance that lead times are natural and expected for this and certain other products. Quoted lead times are what I'm talking about. 4-6 weeks is way different than 6-8 or 8-10. If things fall behind, that's fine - throw up a notification on your site or by email - but make this information more transparent. People will be less inclined to send email inquiries if they know what is happening openly. Same goes for orders not showing up, of course that will create a huge email influx, but an open notification on the homepage would probably decrease a lot of those messages.

Thank you for your feedback.

I fully agree, and if I was a customer I would act the same way.

You spend money, and you want to know what is happening to whatever you bought and when you get to play with it.

Unfortunately, in regard of the orders not showing up; caught us by surprise. The goal was to have the transaction much smoother (obviously). I explained this before, but my strategy is to first gather insight in what is going one right now, who have been affected and what can they expect. This will allow me to form a proper response which, if the situation remains the same people can rely on.

The downside is, usually people have figured out the problem and ask questions before I have the insight I need. (sometimes, the customer notices the problem even before I do.)

I almost have the facts straight, so I will be able to write at least a thread with an update which I will pin so hopefully most people will read. An email, if that still proves to be necessary, would be the next step.

I can't share info on everything we are working on now, but we are improving our entire workable environment so in the future this A; has a smaller chance of happening and B; we will have the tools at hand to create larger notifications immediately.

SandervG -

Those are valid points for not stopping orders, I also understand your frustration with having to reply to people who think you aren't work as hard as you can or don't care. I don't think that. But everyone is in agreeance that lead times are natural and expected for this and certain other products. Quoted lead times are what I'm talking about. 4-6 weeks is way different than 6-8 or 8-10. If things fall behind, that's fine - throw up a notification on your site or by email - but make this information more transparent. People will be less inclined to send email inquiries if they know what is happening openly. Same goes for orders not showing up, of course that will create a huge email influx, but an open notification on the homepage would probably decrease a lot of those messages.

Exactly just try to keep the contact with the customers.

I ordered an ultimaker 2 at november 20! I was worried about the delays and called 2 times for information, the support did their job really good! Yesterday I got my printer at my door!

Thank you for keeping your promice guys!

I just wanted to put it here for everyone to see that there is 2 sides in every story!

Respectfully

George

You guys are depressing me with this talk of long waits. I ordered my printer a week ago and until I got my order confirmation I had no idea that it wasn't shipping immediately. If that information was available anywhere on the site at all I completely missed it. My original plan was to order from makershed but they went out of stock a few days before I could.

It is one thing to order knowing up front that there's a 4-6 week wait. It is completely different to find that out AFTER you've already paid for the item. I think things should be more clear up front so people aren't immediately disappointed after clicking the submit order button.

Anyway, I've been taking this time to read up as much as I can so I'll be ready to go when my printer finally arrives. I can't wait!

Thank you for letting us know that you're working on getting us the info Sander. Will that also include spare parts and parts to solve support tickets?

I ordered my printer a week ago and until I got my order confirmation I had no idea that it wasn't shipping immediately. If that information was available anywhere on the site at all I completely missed it.

The text is smaller than it should be, but it does say on the page where you order it that there is a 4-6 week lead time.

On the page describing the UM2

um2a

On the page with the "buy" button:

um2b

I have had great customer care, why rely on an automated system when you can simply call or write a question directly on the boards? You get an instant reply. When I wrote on the automated system I always got a reply it took about 5-10 days on average for a reply but they always responded.

If you use the automated system you can end up in a long list of people complaining about everything. They will respond but you end up in a line filled with people asking about duel printer head etc.

I've been in the design business a long time dealing with vendors and machine shops, never send a general email when you can call by phone or msg directly (on here) if it is a major issue. Speaking to someone directly always gets you that much further and gives you a greater insight.

Simply crying and posting for not getting a reply in a week is crazy, the delivery time is stated on the main product page. When you send the ultimaker team msgs directly on the boards they go above and beyond helping. Even if the post is insulting in nature due to ones lack of patience.

:)

Cleven, patience and customer care are differents words and objects.

I have had great customer care, why rely on an automated system when you can simply call or write a question directly on the boards? You get an instant reply. When I wrote on the automated system I always got a reply it took about 5-10 days on average for a reply but they always responded.

If you use the automated system you can end up in a long list of people complaining about everything. They will respond but you end up in a line filled with people asking about duel printer head etc.

I've been in the design business a long time dealing with vendors and machine shops, never send a general email when you can call by phone or msg directly (on here) if it is a major issue. Speaking to someone directly always gets you that much further and gives you a greater insight.

Simply crying and posting for not getting a reply in a week is crazy, the delivery time is stated on the main product page. When you send the ultimaker team msgs directly on the boards they go above and beyond helping. Even if the post is insulting in nature due to ones lack of patience.

:)

Cleven,

when the system goes down must inform the client that a fault exists. It is made in all computer systems because if you make requests and ask the most logical data is reporting that can encotrnarte with problems that are not abandoned.

I work for major brands and if I do not report what I directly do not cry, you do not pay me.

We have in our company an exclusive department to contartar customer when your product will produce delay is sent or made any movement (basic company policies).

Clearly wait 4-6 weeks is the company policy on certain products. As it is understood after the theft of 30 printers as it has happened to this company, which would like to join request for it and avoid storing to advance times.

If you read the messages nobody cries of impatience, complain about the service. I do not think that anyone complaining because they have not sent anything. Maybe some that after more than a month knows nothing about your product.

Review all the questions on delivery here sander replied to all and made things happen, when people have an issue they need to contact by phone. As others here have posted they got answers and service right away.

It states on the website 4-6 weeks, if you don't see it or get a delivery status by 6 weeks maybe then you should inquire. Everyone expects an instant reply on automated systems it doesn't happen that way, if you want results you call, simple.

The fact is, if you want to know the status call them by phone or post the question here by just asking nicely and not complaining (crying), otherwise if you use the automated system the reply may take a week or so. (As said here there is only 6 people handling this) I'm sure the other larger companies it would be nice to speak to someone in India to attempt at getting help.

Jabipunk, there are lots of other printers on the market you are welcome to purchase and test their customer service, but when I called makerbot and even the parent stratasys I didnt get to speak to anyone. When I called ultimaker someone answered right away.

Cleven,

when the system goes down must inform the client that a fault exists. It is made in all computer systems because if you make requests and ask the most logical data is reporting that can encotrnarte with problems that are not abandoned.I work for major brands and if I do not report what I directly do not cry, you do not pay me.We have in our company an exclusive department to contartar customer when your product will produce delay is sent or made any movement (basic company policies).Clearly wait 4-6 weeks is the company policy on certain products. As it is understood after the theft of 30 printers as it has happened to this company, which would like to join request for it and avoid storing to advance times.If you read the messages nobody cries of impatience, complain about the service. I do not think that anyone complaining because they have not sent anything. Maybe some that after more than a month knows nothing about your product.

Review all the questions on delivery here sander replied to all and made things happen, when people have an issue they need to contact by phone. As others here have posted they got answers and service right away.

It states on the website 4-6 weeks, if you don't see it or get a delivery status by 6 weeks maybe then you should inquire. Everyone expects an instant reply on automated systems it doesn't happen that way, if you want results you call, simple.

The fact is, if you want to know the status call them by phone or post the question here by just asking nicely and not complaining (crying), otherwise if you use the automated system the reply may take a week or so. (As said here there is only 6 people handling this) I'm sure the other larger companies it would be nice to speak to someone in India to attempt at getting help.

Jabipunk, there are lots of other printers on the market you are welcome to purchase and test their customer service, but when I called makerbot and even the parent stratasys I didnt get to speak to anyone. When I called ultimaker someone answered right away.

Cleven,

If you make an online service you can not support a customer service phone call, and more if you do a global service. This paved the customer service to speak Japanese ?, because not everything is based on English.

Also if you offer a worldwide service you can not expect that everyone will have to pay an expensive phone call just by information that should be in the web system (which still exist after many days after).

And we're talking about a company that wants to raise

That people would think of me if I sell millions of electronic devices such as mobile phones and respond to the world every 5 days ?.

Buy a Samsung phone and offer answers problems is most of the time on a client making future sales lost only by word of mouth (in any forum).

For example the mobile telephony market moves well, no matter what product is best given brand if they offer bad customer service, next time will buy another one for not living a agony than a simple email would.

By that token why should I ?,'m calling the Call money they are spending my (I say this as an example).

Imagine for example that I'll sell you a car and then step to communicate anything.

And not just one or a thousand printers, but a single head is supposed to leave the next day near the warehouse.

I stated call or post on the forums, it isn't just via phone call. My point was with the phone it is instant feedback. Online is not.

This is a growing operation and you're trying to compare it to the largest info tech company in the world?

Samsung didn't start out making phones, they were a major corperation already. They had issues like any other when they were starting up 80+ years ago. I wonder how the support was with Apple on their first computers? if something broke you had little to no instant customer service from these companies when they started.

I stated call or post on the forums, it isn't just via phone call. My point was with the phone it is instant feedback. Online is not.

This is a growing operation and you're trying to compare it to the largest info tech company in the world?

Samsung didn't start out making phones, they were a major corperation already. They had issues like any other when they were starting up 80+ years ago. I wonder how the support was with Apple on their first computers? if something broke you had little to no instant customer service from these companies when they started.

I compare it with any customer care of any business. The aim is the same when it comes to communicating with a client, but you sell just a phone or a computer or printer.

The online response is so quick that the department customer wants, since I doubt that continuously be up-to phone as it is the department of my company. In fact internal communication is by email and we will well and fast.

At that time was more important Nokia, and soon the Samsung shifted, and that Nokia was leading, but with a poor customer care and also trying to monopolize their terminals by joining microsoft.

Apple has gold in its after-sales services, nobody complains and it was taking more clients. Not everything was brand.

No customer had much attention in the beginning, because they had the luck that had very little competition. To this day you can not play it because just around the corner are getting brands and printers at the end of patent rights. And there will be precisely is where competition and customer care you will notice quite.

Information is power. The ignorance recoil.

When I mentioned Apple and the larger tech companies im talking during startup times. This is 1970-80s.

You cannot compare ultimaker to any of these companies, they are massive matured Giants. Where they outsource their care.

If I have an issue with my iPhone i go into an Apple Store in person. Try having an issue with Apple and send an email it takes a few days for reply. most people call them directly by "phone" to speak to a customer care rep, or they go in store directly. you have to book an appointment before you go in if you want any help at all..

Simple fact is asking for an update nicely is different than freaking out about it

I do not want to open a new topic as the title of this one suits well.

My order #14358537 for a new teflon coupler was put and paid on 24/12. I even got the receipt emailed promptly.

However, no coupler yet... Not a single message of when it is going to be sent...

Due to some time constraints, I have to cancel the order.

Sander - please assist.

I bought the hot end V2 kit for the Ultimaker original a couple weeks back, when i wanted to install it i found out one of the wooden parts is missing.

I submitted a ticket nr OXB-734-16731 more than 2 weeks ago and the last response was 1 week ago

in the mean time, my ultimaker is out of commision .....

It gets even better day by the day...

6/01

Mail from Sabrina, the UM Support Team:

"...I will cancel your order.

Could you please inform me how you paid your order."

Promptly replied, of course.

8/01

New email:

====================

Ultimaker - Order dispatch

Dear Sir / Madam,

Your order is offered today to our carrier.

====================

What grass do they smoke? :eek: