Heitzbett vom Ultimaker 2 in Ultimaker Original

uwe-schuett

Posted · Heitzbett vom Ultimaker 2 in Ultimaker Original

Hallöchen zusammen!

Ich bin auf der suche nach Teschnischen daten/Infos zum Heitzbett des UM 2 da ich dieses in meinen UM 1 einbauen will. Googel ist da ihrgendwie nicht wirklich ergibig :-/

Hat das schon mal jemand gemacht? Ursprünglich wollte ich da ein weit verbreitetes Heitzelement MK2 für 12/24V Einbauen mit einen 100k Sensor.

Das Heitzbet hat einen Widerstand von ca 3,4 Ohm wie das MK2 für 24V.

Der vorhandende Sensor einen Widerstand von ca 110 Ohm.

Weis einer ob ich das dingen mit 24V betreiben Kann?

Anschluss des Temperatursensors Ähnlich wie der 100K oder mus ich da voher noch etewas basteln?

mfG Uwe

You might get better answers posting in english in another part of the forums... My limited german allowed me to get the gist of what you are asking...

You can buy the Heated bed kit for the UMO in the store section, its very similar to the one in the UM2, but also somewhat expensive...

A great alternative is the Heated bed kit sold on ebay by Jason_HK who is also a user on this forum. Its an aluminium heatbed with temp sensor embedded and "key holes" cut to fit the UMO z-stage. It also comes with wires, connectors and a relay I believe.

When I got mine healso sold a borosilicate (heat resistant) glass plate kit to go with it...

its discussed here:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2771-complete-heated-bed-kit-for-ultimaker/?p=40421

Its quite old by now, so not sure about links, (the one in the post still works but says "out of stock"), maybe you can try to reach out to Jason_HK and ask...

This looks alot like it, not sure if its the same:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heated-Bed-Kit-Metal-Plate-with-Temperature-Sensor-for-Ultimaker-3D-Printers-/221611798270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339917aefe

Hi Tommyph1208

Thanks for your answer.

I have been given the Heitz bed of a Ultimaker 2. So I wanted to use like this.

But your link to ebay is also very Interesant.

That would save having to customize the UM2 Head bed of the supports of the UM original.

Hi Ho

Meinst du das von Ebay oder das von Ultimaker für schlape 300€?

Ich habe ja bereits alles.

Netzteile für 12 oder 24 V mit 10A.

Relais. Temperatursensor ist bereits Angeschlossen und die Firmware ist auch schon geändert.

Neben den Originalen Ultimeker 2 Heitzbett habe ich noch das MK2 Heitzbet hier rumliegen.

Die sache ist ob das UM 2 mit 24V arbeitet und wie und ob ich den Temperatursensor an mein UM anschliesen kann. Alternativ finde ich das von ebay auch ganz Interesant. Das würde mit den Umbau/Anpassung ersparen.

Hi Tommyph1208

Thanks for your answer.I have been given the Heitz bed of a Ultimaker 2. So I wanted to use like this.But your link to ebay is also very Interesant.That would save having to customize the UM2 Head bed of the supports of the UM original.

Alright, I did not catch the fact that you already have the heatbed for the UM2 lying around, how did you get a hold of that?

Regardless of what and how you do, you have to get either a separate power supply for your heatbed, or upgrade your current power supply to one with a higher current rating (the std. power supply woth be able to pull both heatbed and printer).

I don't know the voltage rating of the UM2 and its heatbed, but if you go for the "two power supplies solution" you might as well get a power supply that matches it.

If you want to keep it at 1 power supply, you could go as high as 20V without damaging your UM board. An alternative could be to go with a 24V power supply (if that is what the heatbed needs) and then use a DC stepdown to 19V for the rest of your printer.

As you will see if you look through the many threads, posts and guides about making heatbeds for the UMO, you cant run the heatbed directly through your UM board (you will burn your linear 12V converter, and possibly other components as well).

The recommended solution is to run the heatbed through a relay, switched on-off by the heatbed mosfet terminal...

I wouldnt be too worried about having to drill some holes in your heatbed, provided that you can see where the copper threads run (dont drill into those).

If I am not mistaken the UM2 heated bed is 24V. I also run my machine with 24V and a DC DC convertpr to 19V for the UMO electronics. It looks like the ultimaker heated bed for the UMO also uses 24V and a DC DC convert to 19 for the electronics of the UMO. I would not recommend running the electronics of the UMO at 24V. You would blow the 12V regulator which you would have to replace with a switching regulator. Also the hotend would draw more power if operated at 24V.

Hi all

To drill some Holes will not help. See the picture.

UMo Und UM2 BedUM2 Tempsensor20141127 20500320140804 195809ElektronikHeitzbettvon untenEs wird heis

I'm going to build an adapter.

A power supply with 24V and 10A I have already. Just as a relay.

The thing is, if I can use the temperature sensor at the UMO from the heat bed.

If not can I order the hot bed of ebay for about 20 € or use the other temperature sensor, I've just as well (100K with 4.7K resistor).

Das Heitzbet Funktioniert ohne Probleme mit 24V nur komme ich auch so ca 90°C was ich etwas wenig finde. Zum vergleich geht das MK2 auf ca 110°C hoch :-/

20141127 205003

20140804 195809

Ich habe fertig :-D

Es wird heis

von unten

Heitzbett

Elektronik

nur ist das Ultimaker heitzbet in der mitte etwas höher als am rand :-/ ansonsten läuft es ganz gut