sam-bianchi-bazzi

Ultimaker 2 Dual extruder upgrade - Creatr XLabs

Posted · Ultimaker 2 Dual extruder upgrade - Creatr XLabs

Hmm... to radically change the design UM2 not make sense. If I understand correctly the cause of the problem, the full multi-nozzle printing is only possible when changing the type of material used, which leads to changes in the feed mechanism and, accordingly, in the code, which will have little to do with the code UM2. In essence, it is a new model of printer ))

I dug up one of the Stratasys patents for support material (http://www.polychemistry.com/aquazol/

Furthermore, PEO is not as hygroscopic compared to other commercial Water soluble polymers including polyvinyl alcohol and polyethylene oxide, and thus PEO possess significantly greater dimensional stability in ambient humid atmosphere compared to these other polymers. Moreover, PEO can be extruded at higher temperatures Without decom posing and having its melt viscosity change With time.

They probably have innovated further since then as this patent application is 15 years old now, Stratasys SR-30 that the Uprint are using is described in the MSDS as "Terpolymer of Methacrylic Acid, Styrene and Butylacrylate"

In my uni, we have a Dimension printer which prints with soluble material support and it is amazing... but... 30.000 pounds and 250 per spool

All nice, but still no second nozzle on the Ultimaker. Does anyone know when the experiment with the Utimaker Original will lead to a definite product for the UM2?

All nice, but still no second nozzle on the Ultimaker. Does anyone know when the experiment with the Utimaker Original will lead to a definite product for the UM2?

Most probably never. The way the dual extrusion was designed for the UMO should have been used for the UM2 more or less the same way. It didn't work as we all know. A proper dual or multiextrusion will have to be implemented in a different way. Please also check the forum for posts on foehnsturms development on dual head extrusion and Ultiarjans transformation of it to the UM2.

So i'll be switching colours a lot. Thanks for the reply.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2 Dual extruder upgrade - Creatr XLabs

Double color printing would the stones in my game a lot faster and better.

Is there any info about this next monday evening? If so, i want to test drive with my UM2.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2 Dual extruder upgrade - Creatr XLabs

Jeex - you should message Arjan directly and ask him to bring his printer. Or go visit him. He is in Netherlands also.

Edited by Guest

I'll be at the Ulti Evening in Utrecht (NL) monday the 15th (99% sure) to demonstrate my UM2 dual head setup. The main topic is the new CURA, but there will be plenty of time to ask questions on this later on in the evening.

And yes it does work very well, I'll try to post a few new pictures this weekend.

It looks like Creatr Xlabs are still working on this. I had a look on their website and it seems that they hope to release it in October 2015.

Would be interesting to see what they come up with and what it can handle.

Hello Didier,

Yes sure! Part material is ColorFabb XT.

Not much to manage the two print heads since it is actually only one "print head" and two separate nozzles.

Uses many stock parts to minimize cost and make it easy to assemble.

Here's a dual color print

CameraZOOM-20151216151049099.thumb.jpg.02d6b9dc06706d9bf8ec55e74165b2c0.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151216151056215.thumb.jpg.4088c7954e58e3670a74ec930440834d.jpg

and another..

CameraZOOM-20151216151116449.thumb.jpg.9c0ffe21dda86a33f1516fd2cc2af1e0.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151216151129134.thumb.jpg.89d0226e3e71dc7afcd7b1a0ed5c959d.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151216151049099.thumb.jpg.02d6b9dc06706d9bf8ec55e74165b2c0.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151216151056215.thumb.jpg.4088c7954e58e3670a74ec930440834d.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151216151116449.thumb.jpg.9c0ffe21dda86a33f1516fd2cc2af1e0.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151216151129134.thumb.jpg.89d0226e3e71dc7afcd7b1a0ed5c959d.jpg

• Like 1

It's the same assembly you posted a while ago?

Do you have a video maybe?

No it isn't. Completely different. Videos not yet (sorry) as we still prefer to keep the design to ourselves. For the moment obviously.

Well I hope you are not teasing us again and it's actually going to turn into a product This time.

:O wow! Sweeeet! Curious to see it work!

Thanks!! :)

Well I hope you are not teasing us again and it's actually going to turn into a product This time.

Guess time will tell?! Aww.. come on! We want a great product as much as you do! (if not more)

hi i can not find the page were i can buy the head for um2

there is nothing to buy... the guy who started this thread is teasing since 2014... but there is no product.... no video ... basically no proof of anything...

There are experimental dual UM2's, this one is the most promising IMHO;

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17656-ultimaker-2-dual-extruder-einstellen?page=6&sort=#reply-135604

and this is fun too;

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/10657-a-different-multi-extrusion-approach-um-tool-printhead-changer

(page 11 for the same thing on UM2)