Current lead time and order process

Posted · Current lead time and order process

Hi Cerilla,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do if you placed your order at iGo3D except contacting them.

They have their own system we don't have access to.

Do you have some kind of reference number so I know what to refer to?

I am sure we should be able to solve this so you can start 3D printing soon!

Thank you for your time and patience,

• Replies 119
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine seemingly has shipped.. I got the "offered today to our carrier.." mystery message a couple days ago. No tracking numbers or anything. It hasn't appeared yet & I don't quite know what to expect. Hopefully it will materialize soon.

Mine arrived last Friday via DHL from Europe. The box was a little worse for wear but the printer was just fine. I should note that I never did receive a tracking number. Anyway, I've printed a ton of stuff and it does a great job. Nice work Ultimaker!

Now, please please get better at your logistics.. you're not doing the product right by having such a poor order and logistics tracking management process. A simple order queue that sends automated status messages at regular intervals or similar might just do the trick to keep people informed.

Mine arrived last Friday via DHL from Europe. The box was a little worse for wear but the printer was just fine. I should note that I never did receive a tracking number. Anyway, I've printed a ton of stuff and it does a great job. Nice work Ultimaker!

Now, please please get better at your logistics.. you're not doing the product right by having such a poor order and logistics tracking management process. A simple order queue that sends automated status messages at regular intervals or similar might just do the trick to keep people informed.

Thank you, I am very happy to hear so.

Believe me, it is very high on our agenda!

There is a lot of room for improvement, but even still changes and choices in this area should not be taken lightly and require a lot of preparation and investigating. But you should be happy to know we have a few people working on that.

Hi Cerilla,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do if you placed your order at iGo3D except contacting them.

They have their own system we don't have access to.

Do you have some kind of reference number so I know what to refer to?

I am sure we should be able to solve this so you can start 3D printing soon!

Thank you for your time and patience,

Thank you for your message

The number of Igo3d 300005635 is the only one I have.

More is because of them not to know.

I have no idea in which delivery of the printer comes.

regards cerilla

Just received my shipping notification from FedEx today. Looking at a delivery date of next Monday, March 9th!

Ordered on February 4th or 5th, so not too bad of a lead time!

Shipping from Utrecht, NL to Los Angeles, CA too.

Availability Ultimaker original plus in the store of igo3d

(Sorry, my english is not too good.)

Hello everybody

I wanted to share with you at my ordeal.

Delivery time stated on 02.12.2014 8-10 weeks

12.02.2014 confirming the Paypal payment

03.12.2014 confirmation of igo3d

02.23.2015 adjustments to the order

Since the end of January is 3-4 weeks in the shop of igo3d as delivery time.

Any information you can get on request only.

Otherwise, I would have received no information to date.

At the request of the adjustments to the order until today no answer.

That makes so now three months lead time.

Is there anyone even like me?

Greetings to all

cerilla

Day 99 and no ultimaker original plus from igo3d

Wow, so all those web comments about bad customer service look to be true. The number of contacts for order status on this forum means they've yet to hire professional customer service staff, because they'd know better than to leave customers hanging.

Your credit card shouldn't be charged until the product is being shipped. You can contact your credit card company to dispute the charge. You are, in effect, giving them a short term loan if they have nothing to ship to you.

No good reason the customer isn't given an estimated ship time. And an email if that changes.

I also need to double back and check Make's recommended number two printer.

Day 99 and no ultimaker original plus from igo3d

Hi Cerilla, thank you for your note.

I am sorry to hear you have been waiting so long, and also quite surprised about it.

Did you get an order confirmation and have you been in touch with iGo3D?

If you could share your ordernumber with me (you can DM me) I will make sure to reach out to them and make some one contact you and give you an update.

Personally, I am in Madrid at the moment for the 3D Printshow so my reply may be a little bit slower but I will keep an eye out for your reply.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@AmyInNH, thank you for your post and taking your time to read through the forum.

I am not going to lie, certainly we have had our fair share of problems and obviously those reflect on the forums because that is where people share their experience. But I must add, it is not the customer service that is lacking, in fact we work night and day to get back with everyone. If you have read through the different threads you should also read that sometimes a reply is slow, but we always will make things right and we will never leave a customer behind.

In my opinion a valuable asset for a company.

We have faced some problems with the IT-environment but those are improving, as you can see most posts (I saw you also replied to another thread) are older, and it is a sign we are improving our ways.

If you want to check on other printers, you should! I recommend to read into the scene and see who offers what and where you can find the experience which is best for your need. And if you end up back with Ultimaker, (we did win the test for a reason) I would be happy to welcome you to the community :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

When your customers are getting no answers for late orders and are turning to forums for answers, yes, this is poor customer service.

Quite possibly it's a difference in US business customs.

- Billing someone's credit card doesn't happen until the product is being shipped.

- Items for sale but not available for shipping yet are listed as backorder (old products) or preorder (new products) before they buy it, with an estimated time of delivery, and again, not billed til shipped. Note customer is informed before they buy it, that it is not currently available.

- customer support proactively informs customers if their estimated delivery time moves, forward or backward. From the time the order is placed, the onus is on the company's customer support to proactively communicate with the customer about their order.

- responses to customer inquiries by customer service are typically within 24 to 48 hours. Even if it's "Thank you for contacting us. We will look into your issue and contact you within (realistic time span)." and then actually do so.

But being as customers from /Canada/Brazil/Greece/German are also complaining, ...

I can't imagine you'd stand just there if you walked into a bakery, the clerk took your money for a loaf of bread and then just stood there looking at you saying nothing, because the bread wasn't coming out of the oven for another 15 minutes or they had no bread that day at all. I truly doubt that's acceptable in the Netherlands either.

I've worked at two places that had exemplary engineered products and performance and they were still killed off by competitors who clearly had lesser performing products but much better usability and customer service. I don't think this is a personally unique perspective, at least in the US. Statistics specific to users reactions to customer service in this, that says customers will take a lesser quality product that has better customer service:

https://www.score.org/workshops/5-ways-customer-experience-can-increase-or-decrease-your-revenue-client-retention-and-over

Because bad customer service changes us from buy to bye.

Hi Cerilla, thank you for your note.

I am sorry to hear you have been waiting so long, and also quite surprised about it.

Did you get an order confirmation and have you been in touch with iGo3D?

If you could share your ordernumber with me (you can DM me) I will make sure to reach out to them and make some one contact you and give you an update.

Personally, I am in Madrid at the moment for the 3D Printshow so my reply may be a little bit slower but I will keep an eye out for your reply.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@AmyInNH, thank you for your post and taking your time to read through the forum.

I am not going to lie, certainly we have had our fair share of problems and obviously those reflect on the forums because that is where people share their experience. But I must add, it is not the customer service that is lacking, in fact we work night and day to get back with everyone. If you have read through the different threads you should also read that sometimes a reply is slow, but we always will make things right and we will never leave a customer behind.

In my opinion a valuable asset for a company.

We have faced some problems with the IT-environment but those are improving, as you can see most posts (I saw you also replied to another thread) are older, and it is a sign we are improving our ways.

If you want to check on other printers, you should! I recommend to read into the scene and see who offers what and where you can find the experience which is best for your need. And if you end up back with Ultimaker, (we did win the test for a reason) I would be happy to welcome you to the community :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

hello

day 100

Meanwhile, I get response from igo3d.

Email Text of igo3d:

was in fact our communication in recent times not very good and I also assume that I ask you not be able to satisfy with the fact that yesterday we finally obtain supplies from manufacturers.

Your money has already been paid you back to your account. Promptly provide you with your credit.

Sorry, we could not perform to your satisfaction your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you all the best.

I'll move the topic 3D printer for the time being.

Greetings to all

Apparenty it's not custom but US law:

The Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule

This rule covers merchandise you order by mail, telephone, computer and fax. It requires merchants to have a reasonable basis for claiming they can ship an order within a certain time.

Ship Dates

• By law, a merchant should ship your order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone. If the merchant doesn't promise a time, you can expect it to ship your order within 30 days.
    • The shipment "clock" begins when the merchant receives a "properly completed order." That includes your name, address and payment (check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account - whether the account is debited at that time or not).
    • If the merchant doesn't promise a shipping time and you are applying for credit to pay for your purchase, the merchant has an additional 20 days (50 days total) to establish the account and ship the merchandise.

Delays

If the merchant is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify you by mail, telephone, or email, give a revised shipping date and give you the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date. The merchant also must give you some way to exercise the cancellation option for free, for example, by supplying a prepaid reply card or staffing a toll-free telephone number.

• If you ignore the option notice, and the delay is 30 days or less, it's assumed that you accept the delay and are willing to wait for the merchandise.
    • If you do not respond - and the delay is more than 30 days - the order must be canceled by the 30th day of the delay period and a full refund issued promptly.

If the merchant can't meet the revised shipping date, it must notify you again by mail, email or telephone and give you a new shipping date or cancel your order and give you a refund.

• The order will be canceled and a refund issued promptly unless you indicate by the revised shipping date that you are willing to wait.
    • If you do not respond at all to the second notice, it's assumed that you are not willing to wait, and a full refund must be issued promptly.

Thank you for your post, but I seem to miss your point.

Is there a question?

Any way we can help?

We use a very customer friendly policy, and at any time during the lead time or after just receiving the order a customer has the opportunity to cancel / return his unit and get a refund if he/she desires.

Hello I ordered several rolls of filament (order 1583744). Can I please get what the average lead time is filament orders to ship?

Thank you

At the moment there is a lead time of 5-10 business days.

please get in touch with our support team if you want any more information.

Thank you for your time,

I also received an email saying

"Your order is offered today to our carrier."

Not sure exactly what that means being that I don't have a tracking number or anything and my emails go unanswered my order number is 1586903

Thanks

well i have been thinking about ordering a ultimaker for quite a while but was pretty nervus cause of all complaints about diffrent stuff about customer service and with ayden payment system and waiting time..

but the 02.04.15 i order a UMO+ and some spare parts and was thinking okey i wont se all of this money i spent for a month or 2 cause lead time on umo+ is 2 to 4 weeks.

but today i got a email saying your order is offered today to our carrier.

soo i was think yeah thats only my spare parts but my package is 10,4kg and my spare parts dont weigh 10,4kg

so i hope for a easter miracle and that its my complete order :)

my order nr is 1592120 and i would love it if you sandervG would check to see if its my complete order that is shipped?

but any ways my experience with ultimaker is positiv soo far and think this could be the beautiful relatioship of me and ultimaker :)

ps sorry for my english.

Hey Sander,

Still waiting on you to "make thinks right" with us. I've got all the time in the world. I've been pretty cool about this.

Hi Orion, I have send you a DM.

Thanks for bringing this up again!

If anyone's interested in the latest lead times for the Ultimaker 2:

Ordered 7th April, received an email (today) on the 9th of April with my tracking number :)

Looking forward to receiving my UM2!

Hi all,

Just wanted to post an update on my order, as reading these posts made me worry a fair bit.

I ordered an UMOriginal+ on the 3rd May 2015, sent a message to UM after i couldn't log in around the 23rd May, and was worried my order was lost, I got a reply within 2 days (one was a bank holiday here, not sure if that affects it), and all was fine.

I received my order on the 1st of June 2015, so about 4 weeks, (Lead time was 4-6).

I would have liked more updates in the mean time, such as a possible delivery date or something. As 4-6 weeks is a long time to wait considering payment was taken at the start, But other than that it was all very smooth..

Hope this helps.