Current lead time and order process

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Current lead time and order process

Tomorrow I will be at the 6 weeks mark. No word yet. Ordered Dec 12th. This is by far the most money floating around in the ether and longest wait for any product I've ever bought. My excitement for getting a 3d printer is already faded and it hasn't even arrived yet. :(

I am still looking forward to it of course, it's a very nice machine. I have a huge stash of filament standing by.

Order R882388816-1

I too am at the 6 week mark with no response to requests for status or delivery dates. In my opinion the lack of communication is reckless and want my order cancelled, and am posting here since I get no response from my support ticket. I will be disputing the charges with my credit card company.

Order R763307284-1

Hey guys,

please keep in mind, that there was christmasholidays between december and january. Only very few people want to work at this time.

Further I do know what it means to deliver high quality products under high pressure from your customers.

Remember: Shipping _begins_ to being late _after_ the 6th week.

Keep calm please!

Tom Guder

BTW: I always got a response with the ticket system within 2 days.

@Ultimaker Team: please keep your good quality and stay good-humored!

Hey guys,

please keep in mind, that there was christmasholidays between december and january. Only very few people want to work at this time.

Further I do know what it means to deliver high quality products under high pressure from your customers.

Remember: Shipping _begins_ to being late _after_ the 6th week.

Keep calm please!

Tom Guder

That not excuse, for that unemployed people are hired, plus I work these days except 25 december, 1 and 6 january and the customer.

The good job is not sell if you not have the product finished.

This is my SEVEN week waiting :cool:

Sent out a request in regard of R763307284 + R882388816.

I expect both of them being shipped out next week.

Jabi, what is your order number?

That would be fantastic. Keep us posted. I might need to take a day off work to play with it ;)

Jabi, what is your order number?

Don´t worry I prefer not to press :mrgreen:

First of all, response times to customer requests has not been consistent - I have had response times of more than three days (for example a request made on Tuesday to support still has not been answered until I posted here). I have not seen any statement of the response times I should expect, even given all of the emphasis on support that is now available in the US

I can understand the pressure that the support group is under! There must have been a crush of requests after Make magazine rated them #1, plus they just came out with two new models, not to mention the holidays and CES adding to the strain. But then if you don't want to work hard and be under pressure, then maybe a startup in a super hot technology is not the place for you.

Holidays and CES would explain longer lead times in responding to tickets and shipping orders, but does not excuse the lack of communication to set expectations proactively. Holidays and CES are a known thing, and one reasonably assumes they are factored into the 4-6 week estimate. If you experience unexpected delays from suppliers out of your control, then communicate that to customers who are waiting.

If you are building machines at a certain rate and have a certain backlog, then estimating delivery is a matter of simple math, and if you cannot do that math how is a customer on the other side of the world whose credit card was charged $US 2,500 and is facing their own product deadlines supposed to have confidence? How can I have confidence if the response I get as the end of my 4-6 week period approaches is still "we cannot give any shipping estimates at this time". How am I to have confidence when you rebuild the store and tell me my login is preserved, only to "clarify" later that it is lost? How am I to have confidence that support will not be a nightmare of broken expectations?

Imagine instead that a dear customer email was proactively sent out from the founder of the company, apologizing for the delays, giving some transparency on their nature and extent, acknowledging the inconvenience that it causes customers, providing updated estimates and regular updates, and offering return of payment for those customers who understandingly cannot afford to wait? Isn't that better than suggesting that customer have a bad attitude if they get frustrated by all the confusion? This is really "customer support 101".

It would also help if you did as most reputable companies facing unpredictable shipping delays and do not charge credit cards until the product ships.

I hope you take this as constructive feedback from a fellow entrepreneur and hopeful customer who really wants to see folks with a great product succeed in a highly competitive environment. Consider, for example, that the #2 rated printer from Make magazine has an excellent customer support reputation and next day delivery from Amazon...

Thanks for following up on this forum - I can wait one more week for shipment and am still excited to be part of Ultimaker as a customer, but unfortunately can wait no longer.

estimating delivery is a matter of simple math,

Until you get 1000 parts that are different then what you asked for and now you have printers sitting waiting for a single part taking up acres of space in your warehouse.

do not charge credit cards until the product ships.

That definitely makes sense to me!

I have had response times of more than three days

It was around 2 weeks 13 months ago, and then got much better at some point and then got worse again but right now Sander claims it's very rare for tickets to be older than 4 days.

Until you get 1000 parts that are different then what you asked for and now you have printers sitting waiting for a single part taking up acres of space in your warehouse.

Yea, not much you can do if your suppliers let you down, but you can communicate to customers and keep them in the loop. Otherwise, you don't tell them anything, and they flood you with client requests, and your response time goes way up, and people get even more frustrated (and suspicious), and the cycle worsens...

You can have a second source for each component. That's how the big companies do it.

We're getting those. For a lot of them we have them, but a new supplier means testing the part to see if it's according to spec. Which puts a big workload on other parts of the company.

I'm getting kinda depressed about the assumption that people make that this is a simple problem to fix. If it were that simple, we would have fixed it a long time ago (or we are incompetent, but yeah, then you shouldn't buy our products in the first place ;)).

Ok, just got an update.

Both order R763307284 & R882388816 are scheduled to be shipped in the first batch dispatching from our service & assembly hub in Memphis. I understood there have been some quality-issues with some parts that created a minor delay in our original schedule. The planning is the orders will be shipped either by the end of this week, or in the beginning of next week.

Our apologies for the delay. Quality and reliability is something that we truly care about in Ultimaker, and sometimes it means quality beats quantity. Hopefully you will understand.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask them.

Nobody is complaining quality. Nobody say if it is easy.

This week is my EIGHT week waiting. :cool:

Hey Sander, is R525417758-1 shipping out the same as the other US orders?

Sander:

Thanks for the update, the transparency really helps. And yes, speaking for myself, I prefer quality over quickly!

Thanks for the update!

I ordered from igo3d in Germany.

What is the status in this case? Maybe you can say something.

Thank you

Hey Sander, is R525417758-1 shipping out the same as the other US orders?

I haven't specifically checked, but based on the order date I think so yes.

Let me double check and get back with you!

I ordered from igo3d in Germany.

What is the status in this case? Maybe you can say something.

Thank you

Unfortunately I don't have any insight in the schedule of iGo3D.

You would be better of giving them a call or sending them an email.

Good luck!