Sign in to follow this  
jweaver

Anyone got any tips for printing when the first layer has lots of tiny part?

Posted · Anyone got any tips for printing when the first layer has lots of tiny part?

WOW thats allot of work.

I just print straight on the tape no sandind no alcohol.

That way i can print on it many many times over without need to replace.

Sounds like you suffer with adhesion problems so much that you needed to do sandind and alcohol.

If i apply alcohol to my tape, i wont be able to remove part without tearing off the tape.

Increase temperature of the nozzle.

I assume u print PLA

Not a lot of work at all. When i put new tape on i "key" with sandpaper to remove the slightly waxy finish it and it lasts for about 100 prints.. Then, when i find that things arnt sticking i give it a wipe with an alcohol swab....

As for temperature, i have tried everything from 190 to 210. If i go on the higher side, its worse, as the filiment "oozes" during travel and i get a nothing out of the extruder for a few mm.

But as i sid, i am still not convinced tht my head does a complete pass of the perimeter.. Watch the video and see... I would be intereted in your thought..

I am going to do some test and slow the print right down that i can see the printer moving to prove/disprove this.

Posted · Anyone got any tips for printing when the first layer has lots of tiny part?

I am going to do some test and slow the print right down that i can see the printer moving to prove/disprove this.

I was just gonna say that same thing. Slow down to see if u get C or O