Heated bed kit lead time

Posted · Heated bed kit lead time

I've just recently(yesterday) placed an order for a heated bed kit upgrade for my UM1 and have read that there are issues with shipment lead times.

I just wanted to inquire as to whether the heated bed kits' shipment has been affected or not and if I could expect shipment within the next few days.

Sorry for my impatient post, looking forward to installing the upgrade.

I live in France and haven't heard of any resellers, it would be nice if there is one that offers the upgrade at a more affordable price, 300+ euros (incl shipping) was a bit steep

I am not aware of any shipping delays for the heated bed, so it should be shipped out soon.

The lead time delays were for printers in general, due to some crucial parts missing in our stock.

The heated bed should not be affected.

I am not aware of any shipping delays for the heated bed, so it should be shipped out soon.

The lead time delays were for printers in general, due to some crucial parts missing in our stock.

The heated bed should not be affected.

If you can light a fire under this ticket it would appreciated as I need those replacement parts.

OVO-971-73340

there is in fact a shipping delay due to a new batch of boards being ordered, it is unknown when they will be delivered. hopefully more info today. this is directly from sales/support in a support phone call today.

there is an issue with some boards failing, causing runaway heating on the heated bed. an http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/7974-heated-bed-short-circuit/ mention using the power switch to shut off the printer during a print might have caused the failure. Mine failed 5 minutes into the print, the printer just stopped and the bed started heating. If I just plug the printer in now the bed starts heating.

I really think that UM should make a statement about this, at least a warning about leaving the printer running unattended.

If you can light a fire under this ticket it would appreciated as I need those replacement parts.

OVO-971-73340

The problem you are referring to has been solved, do you want to try again?

there is in fact a shipping delay due to a new batch of boards being ordered, it is unknown when they will be delivered. hopefully more info today. this is directly from sales/support in a support phone call today.

there is an issue with some boards failing, causing runaway heating on the heated bed. an earlier post mention using the power switch to shut off the printer during a print might have caused the failure. Mine failed 5 minutes into the print, the printer just stopped and the bed started heating. If I just plug the printer in now the bed starts heating.

I really think that UM should make a statement about this, at least a warning about leaving the printer running unattended.

It's unfortunate if this is the case, as much as I am a fan of their products I've never had a shipment from ultimaker leave without a hitch. It's why I decided to inquire here about lead times just after making the purchase.

Thanks for your post, that is why soon we will kick off a new era!

Hi Fluxline,

I have been looking for some background information on the claims you are making.

It is not the heated bed with a delay, but an additional pcb-part that is required when upgrading your Ultimaker Original with a heated bed.

It also seems that during your installation a part of that same additional pcb got damaged, which resulted in a ( I assume) short circuit which leads to your bed automatically heating. We are looking into it, but for the time being consider it as an incident. There is no need for a statement, except of course to be careful not the break your electronics board and remove the power supply when installing or working on the pcb.

Hello Sander, thanks of for the update. Maybe we've identified one reason things are taking a bit long. I put it in a support request on Nov 14 with the following issues for a heated bed upgrade I had purchased and installed:

1. clicking noise from bed bearings when bed moves up

2. when moving bed up and down, there is a click from the lead screw moving on lead nut. there is sometimes a bang from the nut when the bed initiates a home move (not shown in video, just a symptom).

3. there is a cycle noise when the motor moves the bed up.

There was nothing about the pcb getting damaged during installation.

Because the bed still worked, only some strange noises when running, I sent a video to get things clarified, with supports response being that they would look into it. While still waiting for a response, including a few calls to support to check, I did some small print jobs. As stated above, 5 minutes into the last print the printer stopped and the bed started heating up.

I only assumed that if there is a delay in pcb deliveries, there would also be a delay in heated beds. Unless of course you are still planning on sending out pcb rev 1.1 that some customers are having trouble with and not a redesign. Maybe it's just a faulty component that has been identified and no redesign is needed, i wouldn't know because I've not heard back from support on what the problems are or when they will be corrected.

I hope that clarifies things, at least from point. If you or support needs further info, please let me know.

... And just to add, I think words like 'claims' which implies I'm making a false statement, and suggesting a customer should not make comments on the forums, as well implying they are unable to perform a careful installation of an assembly sold to be installed by a customer, does not make good customer relations.

I put in a support request to check if something was correct on a product I had just purchased and installed, and while waiting for feedback had a new failure, that is all. Please treat us with respect when we post about issues on the forums.

Hi Fluxline, thanks for your reply.

My apologies if you felt offended by my reply, obviously that was not my purpose.

Perhaps I could have chosen the word 'claim' a bit more careful, but on the other hand your post did not came across as an opinion, more as a fact. And for that reason I don't think the word claim is fully inappropriate.

Like I said, we are looking into if there indeed is room for improvement on either design or manual, but since we have sold quite a few already and we haven't had a lot of issues, it could also be an incidental defect on your product or something went wrong during installation, would be the most obvious to think... I think.

And I am not implementing you are incapable or something like that, but sometimes things happen.

Personally I have also broken (plenty) hot ends back in the days. Some days one is just more careful then others I guess.

Feel free to post on the forums, that is what it is for.

I just made an attempt to contribute on the conversation and add a perspective on behalf of Ultimaker.

Thank you, have a great day!

Hello Sander

Apology accepted. But, not offended, more disappointed.

In my opinion I was relaying status information I received from support to a current thread that was discussing lead times. A subject that is also of interest to me due to a current project.

I agree we all have fumble fingers or don't read man pages well enough. I think in this instance I was careful and was sure of the outcome. But who knows.

The deviations in the man were the different colour wires and the different mains connector type attaching the wires to the pcb, the picture is correct but the text was not. It is not screwed, it is a push type. Remembering that difference, I know the connection was secure.

So, to make sure that support is working with the correct information, do they believe it was damaged in installation? I never said that and that was never part of our troubleshooting.

Thanks

Still waiting for the heated bed kit to be shipped.

An update here from Sander would be nice... ;) I'm waiting too (reading the infamous status 'shipment ready')... :huh:

I am turning more and more into a support employee ;)

Ok, so who ever needs info on his heated bed order, reply with your order number and I will try to give you an as accurate as possible ETA Monday.

it is now Friday evening so nothing I can do now..

will you also be sending out replacement parts or will complete kits have priority? I would appreciate an ETA for service ticket GZJ-609-94093. thx

Can you look for me? Order R174718687

Am I the only person who has seemingly had their store account deleted/lost?

Hi Reeper,

Your account was not deleted, but our store was upgraded.

If you visit this link it should tell you:

'

Use your account to log in.

We have improved our online store technology which results in a better user experience. You are able to login to your account by requesting a new password.

If your previous login is from before December 15 you are able to reset your password by pressing 'Forgot Password?'.'

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have more info about shipping dates of the heated bed's.

Thank you all for your patience,

Hi Reeper,

Your account was not deleted, but our store was upgraded.

If you visit this link it should tell you:

'

Use your account to log in.

We have improved our online store technology which results in a better user experience. You are able to login to your account by requesting a new password.

If your previous login is from before December 15 you are able to reset your password by pressing 'Forgot Password?'.'

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

If I use your link to request a new password it tells me that my email address isn't known, as I mentioned to you in pm. How else should I go about asking for a new one ?

Could you please bring the current (open!) orders back into the new system? Thx.