Printing problems after Heated Bed Kit for Ultimaker Original

makeit3d

Posted · Printing problems after Heated Bed Kit for Ultimaker Original

Hi everybody,

I lately upgraded my Ultimaker Original with the new heated bed kit. After assembling it, updating the cura settings (I'm using now Cura 14.09) and installing the new Marlin Firmware on the printer, it had problems after printing a few layers.

The first one or two layers a perfectly aligned and stick very good to the kapton tape. But after the first few layers, the print head prints the lines with an offset of about an 1cm. And then starts to print completly weird shapes, even outside the outline.

My first idea was, that there´s a problem the belts. But thats not the case, because they are quite tight and I using belt tensiors since a year.

I repeated printing different models with different versions of G-Code exported from Cura, with the same result: first layers perfect, but after a few layers a complete mess.

This picture shows my attempt to print a cube, but I stopped the print, after a minute.

Failed rint+

Does anybody has a idea whats happening here, or had a similar problem before? For me it seems like a software problem, because it makes the first few layers every time perfectly and I had never experienced this problem before.

Don't use kapton tape! Glass is a huge improvement over kapton tape. Add a very thin layer of PVA glue and dilute with water. I use wood glue but glue stick works great if you wet a tissue and spread the glue out very thin until it's invisible. Hairspray also has PVA in it.

And heat the bed to 50C for PLA. 110C for ABS.

try just bare glass, for me PLA sticks on glass that is 65c or hotter. Set the temp for the first layer hot too like 230 for PLA. Then use tweak at layer 1 to reduce...