Print stops for no apparent reason

neeol

Posted · Print stops for no apparent reason

We have had this happen twice now. A print is running along fat, dumb and happy, then it simply quits. Never after 5 minutes, no, usually after about an hour and a half.

Looking at the Output.Txt, the lst few lines look like this:

AttributeError: 'printWindowBasic' object has no attribute '_addTermLog'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_14.09\python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 14660, in <lambda>

lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )

File "Cura\gui\printWindow.py", line 431, in __doPrinterConnectionUpdate

self._addTermLog('< %s\n' % (extraInfo))

AttributeError: 'printWindowBasic' object has no attribute '_addTermLog'

['changeZ', '0']

['changeZ', '0']

['changeZ', '1']

['changeZ', '1']

['changeZ', '1']

['changeZ', '1']

['changeZ', '2']

['cha

Yup. It just quit mid "changeZ". Does this give anyone a clue as to what happened? I'm also curious about the attribut error. This error appears through out the entire log file, even within successful prints.

Thanks.

I recommend you create the gcode with Cura and then use pronterface/printrun. I have no idea what that log might be saying but the UMO and UM2 don't do to well with USB printing. In fact it's not officially supported on UM2. And I assume RigidBot has Marlin and uses arduino. So I recommend trying a different program to send the data (gcode). Also consider trying a different USB cable and a different computer. Or add a USB buffer of some sort to boost the signal. Or run the USB cable in a different path (away from EM interference - away from electronics and fluorescent lights).

printrun/pronterface/prontrface download:

http://koti.kapsi.fi/~kliment/printrun/

I've also been having trouble with Cura failing to finish writing the Gcode completely. It's hard to pin point the exact circumstances it's happening under, though.

This is a bug with the current release of Cura and USB printing. There is a fix in the latest RC, however, I do not guarantee that USB printing is stable. (There have been general problems with driver stability, which is why the UM2 does not support USB printing by default)

http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/