Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
gixxer

Resume after pause not working

My um2 has started misbehaving today.

First I noticed that after pausing mid print I couldn't resume. That was 3 hours of filament in the bin :( Thought it was a no off so turned off at the mains for 30 sec but still won't resume after pause.

I then noticed that during the change filament operation it wouldn't retract after reaching temp. I did notice that drive for the feeder had an ever so slight ticking motion ticking motion. I released the pressure (using Roberts feeder design) thinking something was jammed but even with the drive free still ticking.

Issues seem to have started after ether using the pause at z plug in or simplify3d's stop a z hight option.

It prints fine though,any ideas?

I sometimes had issues where the button press wouldn't register on to unpause but most of the time it would be fine after going into some other menu (retraction) and returning to the unpause. That was a while ago.

What firmware version are you running?

edit: Are you running the print from the USB? Are you connected with Pronterface while you started the print from the sd card?

No not really. The issue only seems to occur after using simplify3d. Pause doesn't work and the fans have a mind of there own.

The only thing I've found to resolve the issue temporary is to complete a print that was sliced with cura then some times the machine recovers.

When printing with S3D the pause works every time so now I just use that slicer.

I suspect it may have something to do with the start and end code in both slicers that may be causing the problem. Haven't bothered to look to much into it as S3D just works.

Have you been using a slicer other than cura?

Note: I found this post again by pure chance as it's gone from my profile. Are u listening UM!