Robert's feeder feedback

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Robert's feeder feedback

Anybody tried to print woodFill with Robert's feeder? Tried just now and the filament keeps slipping off the ball bearing. This usually does not happen (happened once before but that's a long time ago). I tried the flexible filament guide-rail too but it still slips. It looks like the ball bearing is not centered on the hole at the bottom and filament is always too far (like too close to the back of the printer).

not sure how to add a photo from my ipad to this, but i use Roberts feeder although i have made a mod to the yoke, i've added a hex pocket to take a nut or nyloc nut in the back as i didn't like the screw just entering the plastic, but I have also used some long screws and cut the heads off to make long studs and then run nuts down to hold the feeder to the UM2 frame then added some spacer covers to the nuts so that Robert's feeder is about 3mm away from the back of the machine, that way there is clearance for the modified yoke, I also use the mod to the bearing so as to keep the filament from slipping of of the bearing.

I have printed Colorfabb WoodFill at 0.1mm step with good results, adjusting the tension to suit but because WoodFill is soft i found it best to not have a lot of retractions in the same area or it will flatten the filament.

If i cant manage to upload the photos there is a photo of my mod to the yoke showing the bits on YouMagine

Hope this works, the address is hopefully

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/mod-to-lrobertl-feeder-enhancement-yoke

I've placed a photo in my images area but trying to get it into this post, on the pc there are icons but on the iPad there are none.

Hi, do you know how many steps should I set for UMO? I use parts from UM2 feeder.

Hey Robert and others! I love this feeder and we recently got an SLA printer. I don't suppose you have a support-free version? The supports don't come off quite so easily with an SLA part, but I suspect the resin print will stand the test of time more than my first PLA version!

Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Robert's feeder feedback

Hey Robert and others! I love this feeder and we recently got an SLA printer. I don't suppose you have a support-free version? The supports don't come off quite so easily with an SLA part, but I suspect the resin print will stand the test of time more than my first PLA version!

Thanks!

The stl has the support as different objects, open the file, remove the supports & save on other stl.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1