Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ginobrancazio

Extrusion Head Alignment, does it have to be identical?

In the wiki the cables are posted through the hole in the aluminium plate behind the peek ( 8) but I've assembled mine with the cables going through the aluminium place to the left of the peek (where his thumb and finger are in the previous picture).

Does it have to be the exact same hole or is this fine? Also, does it matter if the nozzle/aluminium block are slightly rotated? The way mine is put together they're rotated at an angle to the block (front view: http://i.imgur.com/12bSbBh.jpg)

Thanks for all help, been working off the manual and only just discovered the wiki! Wish I'd seen it earlier!

Gino.

i think the different holes just give you flexibility to place depending on such things as dual heads and such, but as long as the heater and thermocouple fit without strain it is up to you where you place them.

the rotation of the heater block should not matter as long as it stays consistent. it is held in place by the pressure applied with the 4 thumb screws at the top of the hot end. make sure that the heater block does not rotate. you could always just reseat by loosening the 4 thumb screws, align the heater block, and then lightly tighten again.