Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

Scaling for printing ?

I am a real idiot when it comes to scaling.

I have a model house modeled in meters, the rough dimensions of the building are 15.7 meters by 13.7 meters by 14 meters high.

I have just left the scaling as meters 1 to 1.

I bring it into cura and its a tiny little house, cura scale setting 1.

my problem is, today i really need to import my houses in meters into cura and accuratly print in the scale 1.500

that would mean my correct finished house would be roughly. 31 mm long, 27.4mm wide and 28mm high.

can some one help please.

Thanks.

Ian :D

Well 31mm x 27mm isn't exactly huge either, it's like the top part of my thumb. How tiny is tiny exactly? Just as a guess I'd say cura is interpreting your meters as millimeters or something. Try printing the first layer and measure it to see what might be going on?

Well 31mm x 27mm isn't exactly huge either, it's like the top part of my thumb. How tiny is tiny exactly? Just as a guess I'd say cura is interpreting your meters as millimeters or something. Try printing the first layer and measure it to see what might be going on?

Thanks Robert.

I did what you said and found out that all my models done in meters, would be automatically brought into cura as mm.

I then set the scale to 2 in cura and got my 1to500 reality scale.

Thank you for your help.

Ian :D