Big & Little news !

ultiarjan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Big & Little news !

I see besides the normal UM 2, also a Mini-UM 2, and a UM 2.5 with more height including a new type of Ultra-Compact High-Color Print-Head with at least 32 nozzles, no kidding :---)

Markus

If its a bigger one, hope it at least uses a lot of the same components. I could do with a bigger build volume, but being able to order spare parts and use it on both UMs would be an added bonus.

Looking at the size the bigger one is an UM2 with added Z hight only, so I assume appart from the panels and the Z stepper+axis its probably the same. I'm more curious to see if there's any change to the feeder and hotend design...

The smaller one is probably more marketing driven .. I can't imagine the cost to build the smaller one to be a lot cheaper than the UM2, curious about the retail price of the new machines .... I think I'll stick to the plan of building a bigger clone myself somewhere this year...

Lets start some speculation ... I'll start with the retail price ... my estimate is the smaller one 500,- below and the bigger one 500,- over the UM2 price ;)

Man, I just ordered a UM2. Hopfully they dont do a massive price drop :/

Who has a good image editing program?

:ph34r: Maybe someone (...with PictureChopSuey or so) can make retrospectively some more light ...

Well, here is maybe something wrong in the video... :???:

Left and right, it is very dark, and in the middle it is bright... I very much hope the two successors have also LED strips... :wacko: Light ON please, or I'll stick to my brilliant Ultimaker 2, and do never buy a sequel ... :lol:

Uh, the more I think about it ... the video is probably still correct ... B)

remember the last video promotion? They did the same but this time it's a bit more obvious. Or maybe they are tricking us

I am really curious about the larger version, and what thickness the z-stage rods are :)

and the price off course, and hope UM will attack the 3D printing industry with very competitive prices.

and I will hold off on my rebuild of my larger UM, and probably copy the UM grande :cool:

Is the date 01.06.2015 or 06.01.2015? On Igo3D.com its 06.01.2015 and in the Video its 01.06.2015 ... so it would be a little early to show a news video 6 months before release, wouldn´t it be?

Is the date 01.06.2015 or 06.01.2015? On Igo3D.com its 06.01.2015 and in the Video its 01.06.2015 ... so it would be a little early to show a news video 6 months before release, wouldn´t it be?

I hope it is January 6th at CES

some backwater countries still have their dates backwards, they like to confuse people :)

I think it's supposed to be announced tomorrow at the CES

I think it's supposed to be announced tomorrow at the CES

This.

(I'll post more when the announcement is done. I usually cause enough headache for marketing and sales already by talking before my turn :-) )

Can't wait to hear the official announcements! What I hope for: spare parts for a lower price and delivery within 3 business days. So if I break my printer, I gain some confidence I can keep my business going.

It's a mini & large lawnmower!

gallery_34361_1200_90392.jpg

Looks like exactly the same setup, I wonder if they dare to add dual print :)

I also hope that with a little and big announcement, they announce a bigger and better spare parts support :)

Lol that'll teach them posting a teaser in HD :)

Looks like exactly the same setup, I wonder if they dare to add dual print :)

I expected better from you guys, you should be able to tell from that photo if it's dual or not.

I expected better from you guys, you should be able to tell from that photo if it's dual or not.

From the Photo i can just tell that there is just 1 bowden so it would be quite a wonder if there would be a second extruder.

I wonder if Valcrow made the videos this time. We should interrogate him and see what he knows.

From the Photo i can just tell that there is just 1 bowden so it would be quite a wonder if there would be a second extruder.

My thoughts exactly :)

Would've surprised me I they'd release another printer with dual extrusion first before the UM2 gets a kit. Followed by the UMO+ :)

Well you have the Ultimaker 2 Extended with a taller build height and the Ultimaker 2 Go which looks to be around a 15cm cube build area.

The extended doesn't appeal to me that much as I don't do many really tall builds. The Go however would be a great meetup and talk demo machine.

I think those speculating on current availability of dual extrusion did not see this post .. (look at last picture)..

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/8798-has-anyone-done-absninjaflex-hybrid-prints-using-cura-successfully/?p=84371

Unless Ultimaker is turning into a comany that brings products to market that are not ready yet, but I can't believe they will ... (unless labeling it with somethin like "experimental")

Update 1/5/14: Ultimaker has unveiled its two new desktop 3D printer models at International CES 2015 in Las Vegas. As their teaser video promised, those two printers would be larger and smaller than the Ultimaker 2.

The Ultimaker 2 Extended is a larger desktop 3D printer with a build volume of about 4 inches larger than the previous iteration. capable of printing items up to about 10 inches tall. The Ultimaker 2 Extended has a price tag of $3030, about $500 more than the original. The smaller version is the Ultimaker 2 Go, a mini 3D printer that competes against other smaller machines, like the MakerBot Mini. With a price tag of $1450, the Go is meant to be portable. Both will be available for pre-order in March 2015.