Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
gothampixel

need nut.stl file

I received an order on 3D hubs for a Ultimaker sample print (the nut and bolt) but it only contained the gcode files and an stl file for just the bolt. The client would like to see it printed at 50 microns so I need to slice it myself.

Anyone know where I can get the nut.stl file from?

Yeah it's missing, the gcode file prints both the nut and bolt together but then they only provide the bolt.stl which is just the bolt by itself when I load it up in Cura.

PM_dude, that looks like the same model, can anyone from Ultimaker confirm?

I'll check with 3D hubs, they don't have the quickest response time and I need to get this printed and shipped tomorrow.

Thanks guys,

You can eventually use the bolt to create the nut in perhaps all 3D design programs (e.g. OpenSCAD, 123D Design, just to mention what I would recommend as an easy approach). It should be not so complicated too subtract the bolt from a hex prism of adequate size, and then scale it a bit on the XY plane, just to provide some play between the resulting nut and the bolt. Well, might not appear to be easy, but it's a way to solve the issue.

They sent me the nut.stl file and I completed that order but I have done 3 more Ultimaker 2 print sample orders and that file is still not part of the package. I usually print the pre done gcode file so it's not a problem. That first order the customer wanted it printed in a higher resolution so I needed the stl for the nut and the bolt.

Small update.

I had to print that sample as well and contacted 3dhubs support about it. They sent me the nut.stl file and they updated the sample zip file.

Hopefully it wont happen again for other hubs.