Second Extruder

printerfan

Posted · Second Extruder

I know with code you have to be very specific in regards to line placement and spacing.

Do you have a screen shot of how its supposed to look when I type it?

Also, in my gcode tab, there are several segments to select, which one do I choose?

start.gcode

end.gcode

preSwitchExtruder.gcode

postSwitchExtruder.gcode

start2.gcode

end2.gcode

Posted · Second Extruder

Look at the gcode in each of those, T1 and T0 are only listed in the gcode for start2.gcode and end2.gcode.

This is the gcode in start2code

;Sliced at: {day} {date} {time}

;Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}

;Print time: {print_time}

;Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g

;Filament cost: {filament_cost}

;M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line

;M104 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line

;M109 T1 S{print_temperature2} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line

;M109 T0 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line

G21 ;metric values

G90 ;absolute positioning

M107 ;start with the fan off

G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops

G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops

G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm

T1 ;Switch to the 2nd extruder

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 F200 E10 ;extrude 10mm of feed stock

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again

G1 F200 E-{retraction_dual_amount}

T0 ;Switch to the first extruder

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 F200 E10 ;extrude 10mm of feed stock

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again

G1 F{travel_speed}

;Put printing message on LCD screen

M117 Printing...

Posted · Second Extruder

start2/end2.gcode are used for dual prints only. You have to add the 'T1's in start.gcode and end.gcode on the M109 and M104 commands.

Personally, I wrote myself a plugin for this...

Posted · Second Extruder

Would you mind to share this plugin? I guess, there are a few other peaple with dual heads interested in...

Posted · Second Extruder

Dim3nsioneer

It would be awesome to have a plug in with a GUI that easily allowed us dual extruder people to use their second nozzle as the primary nozzle. I second drayson's request, would you be willing to share the plug-in?

Posted · Second Extruder

The people at Ultimaker are usually bribed with cookies... well, I also like cookies... ;)

Please give me some days to get it online with a proper documentation...

edit: Actually, I should do some blackmailing as I still need some testers for the new TweakAtZ version... :p

Posted · Second Extruder

Excellent, thank you so much!

Posted · Second Extruder

Here you go:

https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/released/SelectExtruder.py

Documentation on the Wiki pages is not possible atm as they seem to be broken (again). Please report issues on Github.

edit: I was told by Daid that the Wiki pages are read-only atm until a new plugin repository is set up at Youmagine. Thus, I decided to start some documentation on the https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/wiki.

Posted · Second Extruder

Thank you for sharing. However, I'm not a programmer, so I have no clue what to do with the information you linked. I assumed the plug-in was downloadable GUI.

Do I copy and paste a section of the code you listed on Github into Cura?

Posted · Second Extruder

Just right-click and save the file into the plugin folder of your Cura installation. Then (re) start Cura and enjoy the plugin.

Posted · Second Extruder

Tried it yesterday and it works - thank you for sharing!!

Posted · Second Extruder

I tried installing the plug-in, but when I opened the 14.09 folder, there was no additional folder for plug-ins. There where only 3 files in the 14.09 folder "current_profile", "mru_filelist", and "preferences". I saved the plug-in file in the 14.09 file as a .txt.

Did I install the plug-in correctly?

Posted · Second Extruder

Not yet... ;)

The plugins have to be installed in the 'plugins' subfolder of the Cura installation path, not the user settings path. On Windows the installation path is something like 'C:Program files (x86)Cura_1x.xx' and the user settings path something like 'c:usersYourUserName.cura'

Posted · Second Extruder

Okay, looks like I have the plug-in installed now. Thank you for your help, I will let you know how it works when I get a chance to test it.