Ordering parts from ultimaker is a disaster!!!

Posted · Ordering parts from ultimaker is a disaster!!!

Hi, We got a um 2, beautiful machine, works great :-) however customer support / delivery is still atrocious I see hence the reason why I'm posting here. As ultimaker don't seem to answer emails etc

Ordered around 300 euros of parts etc over two weeks ago... no delivery, no response...

Do I as a customer need to travel to the netherlands to pick up my parts?

We needed the parts a week ago... too late now.

Hi Jemma,

Sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience with ordering parts.

I'd advise that you send a pm to SanderVG with your order number to have an update of the status.

It also seems better to contact support by phone than by mail as they are already stuffed with mails/support tickets etc...

I hope all of this will settle down soon

I'm in the same boat.

Ultimaker has been a little slow in the past, but this latest order is ridiculous. No responses, no word, nothing.

On top of that, The US branch won't respond to a ticket I submitted about my ultimaker spitting out a temperature sensor error. I now have 2 printers dead...

Ultimaker nowhere in sight

I have similar experience. I need a feeder spring, but support was not even able to tell me the part and shipping cost - they just told me that shipping would be expensive and tried to talk me into ordering more stuff to make the (not even disclosed) shipping cost more worthwhile.

If I buy a 3000 EUR product and loose a spring which they most probably buy for less then one Euro, I would expect better service!

hi guys, thanks for posting. i have been out of the office because I was attending CES. I am still traveling but if you could copy your order number below I would be happy to sort things out when I am back in the office.

thank you for your time and patience,

In a phone call this morning I was told that Ultimaker now has a general 5-10 day leadtime even on parts on stock. Somehow this develops into the wrong direction... :sad:

Ah yes, and the order status within the shop has gone (ok, no status or 'ready' is about the same amount of information). Is UM working on something there or did you just choose the easiest solution? :???:

and I expect to be able to see if something is on stock before i put in an order.

I have similar experience. I need a feeder spring, but support was not even able to tell me the part and shipping cost - they just told me that shipping would be expensive and tried to talk me into ordering more stuff to make the (not even disclosed) shipping cost more worthwhile.

If I buy a 3000 EUR product and loose a spring which they most probably buy for less then one Euro, I would expect better service!

http://webshop.alcomex.nl/producten/drukveren/compression-springsteel-9051.html

actually less than 21 cents ;)

Maybe I should order enough to get over their order minimum and sell the ones I do not need via eBay. :-)

@Sander

Order# 151758

Pretty bad when People who have hundreds of posts start to complain...I'm just saying...

Pretty bad when People who have hundreds of posts start to complain...I'm just saying...

For the case you meant me... I was just expressing my worries about the future... complaining sounds different with me... :p

Protip; start a webshop selling these parts. I've asked Siert, the CEO, if I could become a reseller (so I can ship these simple things without the overhead of the UM system and sell them for cash on ulti-evenings). Haven't heard anything yet.

I was more hoping for an improved experience on the um webshop.

Wishlist;

- stock availability info

- better packaging (box i.s.o enveloppe)

- more spareparts (bowden clips. Springs. Etc)

- next day delivery or max a day extra, at least for a big part of europe.

- cheaper shipping for small spareparts.

I like it that te new shop already makes a split in umo and um2 parts, but to many basics are missing. You can order a bowden for a umo but not for a um2.

I think improving the spare parts in the shop will take workload of the support people...

I give up

@Sander

Order# 151758

Just got a confirmation that your order is going to be shipped out today.

I have a colleague looking into why it took this time, because that the regular lead time.

But I think you will be happy to know it will be send out today :)

Have a great day!

Hey, my stuff got shipped! however i won't be in the country for a number of months so kind of a waste of time really.... anyway's ultimaker, the ultimaker 2 is brilliant... now all you need to do is sort out your delivery service and everyone would be happy.

Thanks all the same!!!

Hi Jemma,

Thank you for your feedback, among a few other things that is one of our main focus points to improve in the upcoming period. Hopefully you will notice this soon enough.

Will you be traveling for work or pleasure?

Anyway, I hope you will have a good time.

Thank you,

Sander, could you please look into this one?

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/8380-delivery-and-order-issues-poor-support-service/?p=87219

Sabrina van Beem is nice person and answers patiently once in a while. In her last mail she stated "I don't know why this has happened".

:)

At this point, I only want my money back. If the coupler will ever find its way to me, I will gladly repay.

Hey guys, parts arrived today or so I've been told... groovy :-)

hey sander, I'm away on business...

Sander, could you please look into this one?

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/8380-delivery-and-order-issues-poor-support-service/?p=87219

Sabrina van Beem is nice person and answers patiently once in a while. In her last mail she stated "I don't know why this has happened".

:)

At this point, I only want my money back. If the coupler will ever find its way to me, I will gladly repay.

Hi Shurik, I will discuss this with Sabrina and see what is going on with the current situation and see what possibilities there are towards a solution. Thank you for your time, I will report back with you :)

You are not alone, Everyone who orders Ultimaker parts winds up greatly annoyed with the company, either because they don't offer the parts or are out of stock and are wildly over-priced, because they insist on using the highest-cost shipping, or because they never get around to actually shipping in a reasonable amount of time.

Ultimaker simply does a lousy job at after-sales parts support - one of the worst in the industry.

You are not alone, Everyone who orders Ultimaker parts winds up greatly annoyed with the company, either because they don't offer the parts or are out of stock, because they insist on using the highest-cost shipping, or because they never get around to actually shipping in a reasonable amount of time.

Ultimaker simply does a lousy job at after-sales parts support - one of the worst in the industry.

Absolutely agree with all that.

Just got an email from Simon today... Fbrc8 has been given permission to start selling spare parts here in the states!!!

Simon says they should be up and running with the spare parts in 2 weeks or so.

Hopefully I can say goodby to the 15 day waiting period on parts! :)

P.S. Thanks Sanders, after you looked into my order the parts did ship (2 days later) but damn DHL is fast... Arrived in Cincinati at 5 AM, and was here in Orlando at 12 noon... WOW...

That was supposed to have happened several months ago - don't hold your breath, until you see a formal announcement on the Ultimaker site.

Ultimaker really should try to arrange local dealers in all countries where they have substantial sales.

I am lucky to live in Sweden where 3DVerkstan is an official Ultimaker dealer.

They are superb at supplying whatever accessories and spare parts I need, not just things you would find in the Ultimaker store, but any component I might need. :smile:

I can not recall that have I had that good support for any other product I bought lately! :smile:

Hopefully you will experience the same thing in the US when Fbrc8 starts selling spare parts. It possibly could reduce the load on Ultimaker HQ too, which is obviously overloaded with orders, reducing the delivery times for other customers.