Designing & Printing a futuristic Airsoft Rifle from Scratch - Video

Posted · Designing & Printing a futuristic Airsoft Rifle from Scratch - Video

i dont even take mine in the garden. its always in a bag when not at a registered site. its a shame a lot of the lwas get in the way from people having a good time and a bit of fun. and i use to think it was bad here in the UK!

And revolution, if the police unfortunately react badly to kids with game controllers, even the most sci-fi looking gun can be bad news out in public. oh the red tape we had to go through when we wanted to promote our team at University, even the ARMY recruiters tried to take our AK to spice up there display.

lets not forget nerf gun modifications, rubber band guns, and potato cannons, all of which are fun as anything!

Hmm... Real looking replicas or toys are really a problem - think there was a case with a boy in US somewhere... Toy gun, now dead...

Anyway, I've bought an aisoft for martial arts training purposes years ago and had the chance to compare it to a real Glock17 and I was really astonished how accurate it was made. No chance to differentiate.

If you read the dutch law very strict, even a nerf gun is illegal.

On the note of 3D printed guns, I believe that CNC milling never had the problem because no-one ever said that it was a technology that everyone would have loud enough. As 3D printing is hyped, people are tumbling (Ultimaker included) over eachother to shout how easy to use the technology is and that you can do anything with this.

Funny story about this that I've been to quite a few schools, answering questions about printing. I had to answer tons of questions about printed firearms, even on universities. Not so much with the metal shop students. So I asked them why they didnt have any questions about it, and their resonpse was "I've got a bench drill. Why the hell would i print a gun? 30 minutes with the metal shop here and i've got a better one."

Yeah, in our metal shop at school we made flintlock pistols. then in wood shop we made cases for them to go in.

Funny story about this that I've been to quite a few schools, answering questions about printing. I had to answer tons of questions about printed firearms, even on universities. Not so much with the metal shop students. So I asked them why they didnt have any questions about it, and their resonpse was "I've got a bench drill. Why the hell would i print a gun? 30 minutes with the metal shop here and i've got a better one."

jupp.... that´s true... mechanical engineers knows the strenght of iron & steel and how "easy" it is to work with... :smile:

there are enough (official/published) sources of informaiton and instruction for people who like to build a gun by themselve !without! a 3D-printer.

I´m really sad that just this f*****g story is the most refered thing when it coms to discussions about 3D printing... honestly, it was also one of the first questions I got when I told my colleagues at work that I own a printer...

Nevertheless, printing a prop gun - like the ones my club uses for MA training - is indeed a cheap solution worth trying...