ColorFabb Amazing!

mikebaier

Posted · ColorFabb Amazing!

I've been using ultimaker pla filament since I got my um2 a month ago. I've been suffering with under extrusion problems.

I just got some reels of colorfabbs pla/pha filament and wow is it amazing. Quality of prints has drastically increased and I haven't experienced under extrusion with it yet.

Time will tell but all in all .. a noticeable step up in quality and actually less expensive for me.

I agree, and am sorry to say the only reason I would buy filament from Ultimaker is if I needed some other printer parts (to share out the postage costs) like a Teflon coupler or new print head

Otherwise its Colorfabb all the way for me

Just my two cents. I too have found the Colorfabb to work the best of the various PLA filaments that I have tried.

Colorfabb pla smooths real nice with acetone as well! Big plus! Its strange you didnt get colorfabb pla with your printer they gave me colorfab white and blue with mine. Thats why i guess everyone thinks acetone does nothing to PLA because they have not been using colorfabb...its my personal mission to get it through to people that pla smooths wonderfully with acetone if done right....lol. For real.

Hi,

New here so greetings to everyone :)

I have been printing with colorfabb bronzefill (which is awesome ) and been getting good results. Bluegrey color gives me a headache. It seems that no matter how I adjust the temperature, flow and speed settings I end up with a piece with flaws. Small objects come out good, but anything bigger than 3cm height / widht end up with flaws.

Usually the parts are 85% just fine but then there are some holes between the layers and not connected layers. These are usually symptoms of under extrusion or temp probs. But nothing helps. So I think it's the filament that bugs.

You gotta play around unfortunately to see what works best in the colour your using. I've have arguments with my friend over settings before and it usually comes down to a clogged nozzle being the issue and the poor feeder.

Ive had perfect 27-50hour prints on colorfabb pla and only use their filament due to the quality of print i get especially at .06mm. I run the temp at 230 c but always get weird underextrusion at the start, but just print a raft and it usually clears through before it gets to the model.

How well do the supports remove and cleanup when printing with bronzefill and copperfill. Any thoughts and comparisons between copperfill and bronzefill.

Thanks,

I have only tried a very small sample of copperfill but from what I have seen there is not much difference between that and bronzefill. Depending on the design of the support ( I tend to build in my own rather than rely on software ) bronzefill breaks away much easier, as it is a little more brittle than regular PLA`s.

The quality of both ColorFabb and Faberdashery is great, GlowFill and Glow Bug Treefrogs are great fun, just put another order in today for some more Faberdashery filament, I only wish that ColorFabb would sell by the 10m length, and do a second pack of their PLA with the other colours in, perhaps in the future if enought users request 10m lengths.

I won't buy any more Colorfabb XT until they start selling in standard 1Kg spools instead of .75Kg spools.

I can't imagine why they sell the smaller spools, unless they think their customers are dumb enough that they can hide the high prices.

I won't buy any more Colorfabb XT until they start selling in standard 1Kg spools instead of .75Kg spools.

I can't imagine why they sell the smaller spools, unless they think their customers are dumb enough that they can hide the high prices.

I wonder if things have changed since March; looking at ColorFabb's website shows all their PLA / XT are sold in .75kg spools.

Personally I don't mind paying for quality. As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for". But maybe I'm just one of those dumb customers ;)

• Like 1

I wonder when something is a standard in your opinion?, all these sellers/manufacturers sell on 0.75 Kg spools... so I'd say in Europe at least this is the standard.

innofil3d / fillamentum / ultimaker / formfutura / makerpoint / faberdashery

Colorfabb does sell some of its material in 2.2 Kg spools for a significantly less price/Kg

I wonder when something is a standard in your opinion?,  all these sellers/manufacturers sell on 0.75 Kg spools...  so I'd say in Europe at least this is the standard.

innofil3d / fillamentum /  ultimaker / formfutura / makerpoint / faberdashery

Colorfabb does sell some of its material in 2.2 Kg spools for a significantly less price/Kg

Is it possible to use Robert's low friction spool holder in combination with the 2.2 kg spools of Colorfabb?