Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
dunginhawk

Cura with Flashforge Creator Pro (Or makerbot)

Good afternoon fine folks... So i am a HUGE cura fan.. I use it as exclusively as I can.. I recently came across a FF creator pro, which of courses uses binary x3g as its file type.

Is there any way to make cura work with x3g files?

I have heard in the past that people can copy gcode from cura, in to repg, or whatever other program and just export that gcode from in there... Ive also heard in the past this causes issues.. Is anyone aware if those issues still persist?

Thank you guys and gals...

So i upgraded the latest sailfish.. I was under the impression (wrong or right) that it could.

thanks

There actually seems to be very little google knows about this :)

A few references to upgrading to sailfish so that I (the poster on the other forum) can use Cura.

My issue seems to be that cura exports gcode, which apparently the printer can only read x3g, but cura doesnt give an option to produce x3g.. Ill keep hunting, but if anyone has the info, please let me know.

thank you in advance... great folks :)

I know and see that this is an old topic, however I want to put this out there. If anyone is still coming up with these questions here is your solution. Octoprint. The maker of octoprint did such a wonderful job and then mark did a fantastic job with the GPS module. What this does allows you to take a g-code file and you can either upload it to the printer and printed G code. Or what you can do is upload STL file use cura to slice it right there just copy your Cura Configuration file to the octoprint server which will be running on a Raspberry Pi. What does does will convert an STL and the G code than the G code will go right out to the GPS module and print right there. What this allows you to do is to run your flashforge Creator Pro or MakerBot style printer wirelessly with the use of a Raspberry Pi. You also have the option of adding on a camera so you can watch your bills or even record your builds while they're being printed. They did a fantastic job with the octoprint application. I have been using it now from 4-5 months and have never had any issues.