How to resume printing after an M0 on UMO

xisle

Posted · How to resume printing after an M0 on UMO

An M0 command pauses the print, but I see no obvious way to continue it. Pressing the button on the Ulticontroller opens the menu which is great but how do I resume printing?

I am using "Pause at Height" in Cura 14.12.1 on OS X 10.9.x

Just did a quick test on my UMO:

When it encounters the M0 GCode, the printer just stops and says: 'Waiting for user'.

As soon as you push on the UltiController button, it continues.

(BTW, can you confirm you print from SD and NOT from USB?)

I haven't had the need for SD yet. I use USB.

I just used Printrun to send:

G28 X0 Y0

M0

G28 Z0

It does what is expected, however I cannot change any settings in the menu since the print continues as soon as the knob is pressed. [Edit: Settings CAN be changed, just not before it resumes]

The code above DOES NOT work in Cura 14.12.1. It ignores the M0 and zeroes all three axes without a pause. (Twice if you count the first zeroing from startcode)

I just did another test using a simple model and "Pause at Height". Using Cura, when M0 is encountered the head moves away then the print just stops. The LCD still shows "Printing...". If I save the gcode in Cura and load it into Printrun, the M0 works as expected (minus the ability to change settings prior to resuming).

Okay...

- Pause is not supported from Cura USB printing (There is a post from Daid somewhere in the forum about that) -- Edit: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/7874-how-do-you-use-the-pause-plugin/

- And indeed, print resume as soon as you press the knob, so you can't change anything when it is paused.

So it is probably not what you expected, but it works as intended ;)

• Like 1

Very well. Thank you for your input!

Time to try the SD card ;)