Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
3dcase

Asian Youmagine Clone?

Hi There,

anyone of you people had a mail from korea, asking for permission to use your youmagine designs for a Asian 3D design sharing website?

They ask politely for permission, but it just got me curious.

They attached a site, libre3D, http://libre3d.com/category/670/Extruder/listings/544/Dual-extruder-Printhead-Ultimaker.html

it looks they have copied a printhead design I posted on Youmagine. and now the Korean guy asks permission to use it for asia

strange :???:

I don't think I've gotten a message from that guy but I just replied to a request to sell my designs on another site. Checked the site and it's not even half done...

I've been contacted by several different sites/people, some I ignore, some I've given permissions and others I've denied.

I get random ones all the time. Same as what robertl said.

With them I said they can translate the text, but link to youmagine for the source as I like to maintain control of the source files, for updates etc.

I did yes - as you say, very polite approach and as far as i could tell all legit. MakersN was the site name mentioned.

I did say 'yes' as long as existing copyright/license/usage agreements remain in place.

Interesting ongoing issues i can see here, i obviously want my designs to be available to as wide an audience as possible, but is there any down side to letting 'one and all' access my work?

Interesting ongoing issues i can see here, i obviously want my designs to be available to as wide an audience as possible, but is there any down side to letting 'one and all' access my work?

A down side could be, as someone mentioned above, when you update or modify the design.