Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
antmit

US Warranty support ? Who am I supposed to talk to?

Does anyone know if fbrc8 is the correct place to get support on the ultimaker? I saw in someone's signature that fbrc8 is supposed to be a point of contact for warranty/support issues but I am not getting any reasonable amount of support from them.

I emailed last month asking for help with a middle fan problem on my ultimaker2, a guy named "Simon J Oliver" responded asking for my mailing address and machine info. A month goes by and doesn't respond to any more of my emails.

Should US customers be talking to Ultimaker directly? I don't understand the support structure.

Ultimaker is a brand that's represented by its distributors and resellers. I think there needs to be a lot more oversight on the customer-end-to-end performance. Otherwise we feel like we just paid $2500 for a machine that we can't even get replacement parts for when it's broken out of the box.

Simon is the guy you want to talk to. Something must've gone very wrong because he is usually very on top of support issues. Did you try e-mailing him again? Maybe your e-mail mistakenly ended up in the spam folder or something?

I've poked him for you here on the forum. I'm sure he'll be along before too long.

I received a tracking number very recently, so Simon does appear to be on top of it now!

Just some background:

I originally opened the issue on 1/7, and I was responded to on 1/9, provided some more info like machine serial / shipping address on 1/9, asked on 2/1 for an update, then came to the forum for a sanity check today.

I waited a long time before contacting fbrc8 again because it wasn't a critical need for myself so I'm not upset about the way things happened, but I was unsure if I needed to do anything but wait for the package, or if the package had been lost in the mail. I'm not sure if the ticketing system is broken and if I had some sort of urgent need and emailed 10 times between 1/7 and 2/1 if any of them would've been read. It's great that fbrc8 has a phone number on their page because sometimes that's the only option. One time a recruiter contacted me and it turned out that my domain name was blocked by their spam filter. That was insane to figure out!

Most ticketing systems allow you to set some sort of response/resolve time threshold to help keep you on top of "stale" issues. This is great for businesses that have a difficult support staff to support queue ratio :)

Looking forward to the replacement part

Anthony