Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
reibuehl

Problem fixing bowden tube to alternative feeder

The hole holding the tube coupler, a white ring insert whith 4 tine llittle

"haken" in it, It needs the hole to be small enough to slightly push the

lower end of this little white insert together, when it is in its upper position where

you insert the horseshoe to holde it.

This way, the little knives, haken, they grip the bowden.

Rarely, it can be useful to cut maybe 5mm from the bowden tube, so the

insert with its lttle grips "hits" another spot on the bowden.

Machbar?

The hole is quite tight so if you've printed it quickly or if your printer isn't performing well there's a chance the hole becomes too small (this is the first case I've heard of though). You could maybe drill it open a bit? Oh, and check that there isn't any crap inside the hole blocking the way.

Also, remember the piece of bowden in the hole in the back. I guess I should sit down and re-do that entrance to allow for the metal ring, right Nicolinux? :p