15.0.1 Heater Error messages

dkaygee

Posted · 15.0.1 Heater Error messages

I'm not sure what's going on with 15.01. I've updated to this version this morning along with the firmware but have experienced issues all day today of one kind or another. The biggest so far is a 'heater error - contact ultimaker support' error message I've received several times which stops the print head cold while the machine endlessly extrudes filament. I was able to print a couple items no problem but had to stop twice and reset on 2 different files because of the same error. The only correlation I noticed was I ran the 'change material' function each time before the error. I've rolled back to my previous version of cura 14.09 along with the firmware and so far no error messages. I'll update if it's just my machine but so far it looks like not. Mac OS X -> Ultimaker 2

the heater error occurs in newer versions of the firmware when temperature can not be stabilized quickly enough.

i had the error after changing the fan shroud to one that was blowing to much against the heater block. with earlier firmware it just ignores that happening..

Maybe the material-changing procedure needs to much energy heating the new filament..

the heater error occurs in newer versions of the firmware when temperature can not be stabilized quickly enough.

i had the error after changing the fan shroud to one that was blowing to much against the heater block. with earlier firmware it just ignores that happening..

Maybe the material-changing procedure needs to much energy heating the new filament..

I have a stock machine. Does that mean I really have a 'heater error' of some kind? It would be a shame not to be able to take advantage of newer features. I was running default profile slicing values when this happened with no modification to the PLA profile on the machine. My fans are quite robust and loud when they run.

I have a stock machine. Does that mean I really have a 'heater error' of some kind? It would be a shame not to be able to take advantage of newer features. I was running default profile slicing values when this happened with no modification to the PLA profile on the machine. My fans are quite robust and loud when they run.

If you've got this... - check the explanation here.

UM2_anool_error.jpg

heater error
    14.09 - does not have the feature
    14.12 oct 16, 2014 - feature introduced 20C in 20 Seconds
    14.12.1 dec 15, 2014 - from 20C to 10C (still in 20 seconds)
    15.01 jan 14, 2015 - from 20 secs to 30 secs (now 10C in 30 seconds)