UMO+ Assembly instruction V2 - corrections

peetersm

Posted · UMO+ Assembly instruction V2 - corrections

I love the UMO+ and the kit, just some feedback about the assemble manual.

looking over the UMO+ Version 2 English assembly instructions, I see several items were corrected(yeah! thanks) but some got missed and a few new things where mixed up.

this is my (possibly not complete list) of things that should be fixed in the next revision:

1. Step and section labels are off due to skipped section increment going from Z-Stage (6.4) to Feeder (should be 6.5 but continues 6.4, all other steps after this are off too, just compare to table of contents so see what I mean). AND REPEAT of step 6.4.7 (Note: there is no Step 6.4.6 in section 6.4)

the progression is NOW

6.4.4. Step 4: finishing the Z stage assembly

6.4.5. Step 6: installing the Z stage in the machine

6.4.6. Step 7: grease it up

6.4.7. Step 8: Aligning the Z-stage

6.4.7. Step 1: drive mechanism main body assembly

6.4.8. Step 2: drive bolt assembly

the progression SHOULD BE

6.4.4. Step 4: finishing the Z stage assembly

6.4.5. Step 6: installing the Z stage in the machine

6.4.6. Step 7: grease it up

6.4.7. Step 8: Aligning the Z-stage

6.5.1. Step 1: drive mechanism main body assembly

6.5.2. Step 2: drive bolt assembly

...etc fixing the rest of the steps......

2. page 63 - 6.4.3. Step 3: Connecting the PCB to the Baseplate

fix parts list - ADD M3x10mm(1202) X2

3. Page 73 - (should be 6.5.1) 6.4.7. Step 1: drive mechanism main body assembly

fix parts list - 3 lock nuts are needed not 2

4. page 75 - image 90 - the pink highlight boxes are not aligned, they used to correctly highlight the 25mm bolts now they are in the air.

5. page 96 - (should be 6.7.3) 6.6.3. Step 3: checking and aligning the top-Z limit switch

step #11 - I think should reference image 1 ..not image 110.

6. page 111 - last page..still says English version 1

also if I could ask for the following changes to the V3

1. total parts list in the front, since this would help A LOT since people could run out to the store to buy the missing parts all at once. As it is now.... you start running out of parts about 80% done, go get those parts, start at it again and run out in a different place....kind takes some wind out of your sails to have to go to the store more than the usual 3 times.

2. image 52 should have the hot end rotated 180deg, since as shown this is not the correct final orientation. (image 54&55 perfect)

3. image 53 should have the hot end rotated 90deg, since as shown this is not the correct final orientation. (image 54&55 perfect)

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Just finished assembling my UMO+ and also found some errors in the manual. Adding them here and hope that Ultimaker will check back update the manual.

1. 6.1.2, page 14: Image 5 shows the BLUE limit switch while the description of the image mentions the RED one.

2. 6.1.2, page 15: Image 6 shows the RED limit switch while the description of the image mentions the BLUE one.

3. 6.1.5, page 25: Step 22 – no bolts required anymore. The frame is already complete at this point.

4. 6.2.1, page 29: Image 25 shows the FRONT block while the description of the image mentions the LEFT one.

5. 6.2.3, page 32: Only 12 hex nuts and M3x16 bolts are required instead of the mentioned 16.

6. 6.2.4, page 38/39: Step 4 – too many timing belts mentioned to FRONT axis. The one after the notice is not required.

7. 6.3.1, page 43: Spiral wrapping is not required in this step. (required in 6.5.7)

8. 6.3.1, page 50: None of the ends of the bowden tube has a blue tape on it. (not sure though if the manual or the delivery is wrong)

9. 6.3.3, page 55: Image 68 - calibration sticks are attached to the timing belt instead to the axis.

10. 6.4.1, page 59: Only 4 M3x10 bolts are required instead of the mentioned 6.

11. 6.4.3, page 63: Image of the parts is missing.

12. 6.4.8, page 75: The wooden gear has no «Extrude» engraved as mentioned in the parts list.

13. 6.4.9, page 79: Image 96 shows the bolts and lock nuts twisted. The bolts have to be inserted from the top, the lock nuts are on the bottom. Image 98 shows it correctly. (the whole part is rotated by 180 degrees compared to image 95)

14. 6.5.1, page 86: The jumpers are not required in this chapter.

15. 6.5.4, page 89: the jumpers are already delivered on the board. No action is required.

cheers

/moudi

Moudi good eyes.

I have included your notes into my latest annotated and corrected version of the 2.0 assembly instructions.

NOTE: Belt springs installation STILL NOT DOCUMENTED

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39983297/UM%2B%20assembly%20manual_mark%20notees_v2.2.pdf

This is the version I will be using for now, till a new one comes out from UM or I add more notes to this one.

• 1 year later...

Wow sorry to bump this old post but I don't know if someone noticed the new manual v3 https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/20978-umoplus-assembly

It's so clean, and with photos of the full assembly. And also photos of the real parts with the names. They even explain how to place the stickers. I'm quite impressed. Hat's off ultimaker, now that's an awesome manual.

Oh, thanks @neotko for noticing that. I agree what a HUGE improvement!!

Taking a quick glance looks like I need to get to work again. I can already see some details I would change, mainly with some of the photos that can lead to frustration. I'm sure there will be a lot less notes to this much improved version.

• Like 1