Conductive Filament (ESD)

visu-al

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Conductive Filament (ESD)

That seems strange, unless your "leitbahn" originally was only 1 pass at 0.1mm.

Could you bring it further by increasing layer height?

Do several layers combine electrically?

No, it is a bigger part and it doesn't really matter where i attach the measuring tip..

The last Olson block i ordered, is for this machine to go and try 0.8mm wide and 0.5mm hight ;)

Yes it combines well as i tested different layers/heights connecting in the print, i will test top to bottom and same line next time and write it down to have a better answer :cool:

i try to imagine how this works that layer height effects the conductivity so much but no luck so far :mad:

For people who wants to print this conductive pet:

Switch off Combing!

It makes a lot of drops and chunks around the print and..

..without it just prints very well @ 250-260° on kapton tape and 75°C bed , fan <50%

Hi Visu-al,

In my understanding, it is possible to use the ESD filament but its hard to control it, so, do you recommend to use it or not?

Hi, How was the surface finish on these fillers? =)

Magne,

Norway.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies