Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
carlric

Can get it to print round circles

Hi.

I'm not new to 3 printing but I'm new with the Ultimaker that I got 3 weeks ago. I use to have a Makergear-Mosaic and it took me very little time to get it up and running.

Now, with the situation with Ultimaker this is not the case.

I've been reading for the las 2 weeks and trying different thing that I will list so to avoid people asking question that I can answer up front

1) I've tried different firmwares RC2 / RC1 / original Merlin

2) I've tried ReplicatorG/Cura/Pronterface/Kisslicer

3) I've tried tightening and loosing the pulleys on every axis

4) disassembled the printer twice and put it back together

5) Left loose one the pulleys ends (I red this on one of the threads) same result

I'm attaching pictures and in then you can see that the circles are far from round.

5) Left loose one the pulleys ends (I red this on one of the threads) same result

I tried that, and my result was worse then before.

Most likely you need some more belt tension. Make sure the short belts have enough tension by unscrewing the motors a bit and pushing them down. Screw them REALLY tight.

For the long belts, you can use some belt tensioners.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:19892

this one works very well for me.

For the long belts, you can use some belt tensioners.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:19892

this one works very well for me.

I'm using these at the moment. I find that the ones for the y-axis occasionally hit the belt blocks (I've shaved a bit off them with a knife to decrease this) and also rest against the underside of the top of the cage. Still they make the belts nice and tight :)