UM PCB V1.5.7 vs V2.X

Posted · UM PCB V1.5.7 vs V2.X

Hello,

I would like to say thank you for your answears. And also to the UM team that made a great design and that gave the sources. (I really like the UM2 design, even if it might look simple, see picture in attchment)

As i really don't have the budget now i'm using my Arduino + Ramp and I'm trying to configurate the firmware.

I have some trooble on how to make the Z Axis going in the right direction.

Maybe i should go to the Ramp section of the forum to ask this new question.

Jean-Luc

Here is a picture of the printer underconstruction (it wasn't so easy...)

UM2 Like JLG

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I would like to say thank you for your answears. And also to the UM team that made a great design and that gave the sources. (I really like the UM2 design, even if it might look simple, see picture in attchment)

As i really don't have the budget now i'm using my Arduino + Ramp and I'm trying to configurate the firmware.

I have some trooble on how to make the Z Axis going in the right direction.

Maybe i should go to the Ramp section of the forum to ask this new question.

Jean-Luc

Here is a picture of the printer underconstruction (it wasn't so easy...)

UM2 Like JLG

how did you make the frame? if you have the files for cnc, could you share them?

i want to make one just like you :)

i will post my printer after i finish it

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Sorry for the late answear.

The frame is 100% laser cutted.

The shaft are from old broken fax or printer i found on a fablab.

The aluminum is hand cutted and i had the motors from my reprap.

I just bought the Z motor

The files are in Ultimaker Github, you can download them for free.

They are in STEP format that can be open and converted with Rhino.

For the side and top i used Plexyglass (6 mm) for the frond bottom and back 2 layers of 3mm MDF, 2 layer allowed me to make "reservation" for hiding screw bolts etc... I have pictures explaining that if you want.

For the bearing for exemple, i did use the engraving function on the laser cut as I don't have CNC.

The part are assembled like "Ultimaker 1" they are square and not round so i had to redraw all the parts.

Right now I'm thinking of replacing the Arduino Ramp with an Ultimaker Control Board, but I don't know if i have to replace everything or if i can keep my LCD, SD car reader and selection board. (If someone do ?)

If you need more informations, feel free to ask me.

Best,

Jean-Luc

Here are some more pictures :

http://carrefour-numerique.cite-sciences.fr/fablab/wiki/doku.php?id=projets:update_d_une_imprimante_reprap_ordbot_hadron_en_ultimaker_like#conception

Posted (edited) · UM PCB V1.5.7 vs V2.X

Hello,

Very nice.

Where did you find the part like printing head and contrôler, it looks like you have the UM2 mother board ?

Did you used a CNC for the MDF ?

Best

Edited by Guest

from aliexpress I got the most things, as for the frame i prepared the files myself and used a local cnc service ( it cost me about 70euro )

from aliexpress I got the most things, as for the frame i prepared the files myself and used a local cnc service ( it cost me about 70euro )

are the files dxf? could you share them

are the files dxf? could you share them

yes I can, send me your e mail

hi I am new here and I have a problem with my 3d printer sent I got my printe a haven don't nothing because only blink on the power supply and the board ,,,,,,blink on the screen and were the power of the bed and extrusion is connected , and beep any help or any idea plz let me now .

than you