Sign in to follow this  
fourthdr

downloaded Cure 14x and 15x both crash with pythonw.exe error

Posted · downloaded Cure 14x and 15x both crash with pythonw.exe error

I just got a new 3D printer and wanted to try Cure with it. Problem is the fisrt version (14.x) I tried loads for a few seconds then crashes with a "pythonw.exe" error. Then version 15 come out so I figured it was a bug and the new version would work. Nope! Same error with pythonw.exe. Anyone know what causes this and how to correct it? This happened on two different PC's one XP and one Windows 7. Ideas?

Normally Cura generates a log with can contain hints about errors at:

C:\Users\[user]\.cura\15.01\output_log.txt

But it could also be the case that you don't have any OpenGL 3D card drivers installed, which are a requirement for Cura.

Hi Daid:

I looked for the log file and it is 0 bytes. I also do have opengl drivers installed. So not sure where else to look.

In all honesty, then I also have no clue where to look. The log file is populated with all the output from my application, so something is crashing before my code runs.

You might get some extra information if you start Cura from the batch file in the Cura install directory.