New Plugin - Heater Start Parallelizer

moshen

Posted · New Plugin - Heater Start Parallelizer

It always bugged me the default Cura print startup sequence wasted time by waiting for the bed to reach temp first before starting the extruder temp. Starting both at once is not ideal either since the hot end comes up to temp way faster. With this plugin you can tweak it so they both come up to temp closer to the same time. Works great on my Printrbot Simple Metal.

https://github.com/mosh1/HeaterStartParallelizer

You can do this without a plugin and by just adjusting the start.gcode.

I am specifically interested in this thread as I have a heated bed on route from the USA...

Daid. Are you suggesting that you add M140 XXX (I think its M140 to the start.gcode? And not use the GUI to change the temps?

Jon

I'm not sure the G4 command works with this but you can try:

M140 S70 ; set bed temp (doesn't wait)

G4 S15 ; wait 15 secs.

M104 S210 ; set nozzle temp (doesn't wait)

M190 S70 ; set bed temp (waits)

M109 S210 ; set nozzle temp (waits)

Alternatively, just set the nozzle temp to a safe "holding value" like 140.

M104 S140 ; set nozzle temp (doesn't wait)

You can do this without a plugin and by just adjusting the start.gcode.

I want to start the hot end 10-15C before whatever I set the bed temp to. This accounts for bed temp changes such as when I want to print different materials. I couldn't find a way to do that with start.gcode (is there a subtract function from the targeted be temp)?

Waiting a certain number of seconds before starting the hot end works, but is a bit too naive if the bed temp changes a lot due to different materials (hence why my plugin starts it a specified number of degrees before whatever you set the bed temp to). You have to change the number of seconds every time you have a large target bed temp switch.

The second method of heating the hot end to a lower 'safe' temp is a bit better, but I still wanted the most optimal solution possible..

I'm not sure the G4 command works with this but you can try:

G4 S15 ; wait 15 secs.

M104 S210 ; set nozzle temp (doesn't wait)

Alternatively, just set the nozzle temp to a safe "holding value" like 140.

M104 S140 ; set nozzle temp (doesn't wait)