Firmware

bjarne-lindevall

I don't know much about this but I think you have to modify one pin in the cable to get this to work. Or maybe one of the cables has to be reversed. Hopefully someone will reply here but this is the kind of ancient question that the really old timers know the answer to and they are over on google groups:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/ultimaker

You might want to expand on exactly which controller you have...

Basically anything different from the UltiController will need a firmware recompile.

In case your controller is a "RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller" you can build and get a firmware there.

As gr5 is pointing out, some of these boards have the cables/sockets reversed, there is a thread about that here.

It is indeed the "RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller" -- it is written on it, so you can definitely generate a firmware from there.

I have tested the link, but should see more of this, apparently pigeons this does not

I am not sure to understand this :unsure:

I am from Denmark, and use google translate, the only thing that happens is that the screen blinks and says beep approximately once per second

No problem, Google translate is sometime funny ;)

2 things:

1. You must use a custom firmware (link above) -- it will not work with the original Ultimaker firmware

2. if you have the right firmware and it still does not work, then the cables might be wrong (as mentioned in the other post I linked above)

Last but not least do not push the 'Stop' button on the controller, as it will generate a short-circuit on the main Ultimaker board.

It works, thanks for the help, it turned out that it was multi cables that was the problem

i am having the same issue. I do not understand how to modify the cables. would appreciate help. thank you very much