Problem when changing filament

x3nomorph

Posted · Problem when changing filament

Hi all,

I got some problems when i change my filaments, mostly the standard blue from ultimaker. The feeder always tries to remove the filament and get stucked and just grinding the filament and destroying it!! The first time i said ok, second time...happens, but always its not ok. What can i do against that?

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/gallery/image/12944-img-20150226-144034/

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/gallery/image/12943-img-20150226-144024/

I have already 3-4 pieces like this.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/gallery/image/12945-vid-20150226-143840/

It doesn't look like the nozzle is getting up to temperature and allowing the filament to retract from the head. Have you tried to print a small item and then change the filament the second it finishes before the nozzel has had a chance to cool down?

I would advise changing your feeder to the lRobertl Alternate UM2 Feeder, download and print from the YouMagine site, makes it so much easier to change filament and controll the pressure on the feeder.

Sorry, i recorded the video when the material was already cut off, that was the second try. The filament is coming 10-15 cm out and then it happens.

I saw lot of times that roberts feeder but didn't though why should i change the stock one. I will see, maybe i should really try it. :) thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies