Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
disassembler

Ultimaker 2 bed heating is too slow

Hey everyone, i've used PLA since UM2 purchase, recently i decided to switch to ABS, suddenly i've noticed that UM2 starts to heat up the nozzle only when heating up of the bed is nearly done. However, heating of the bed up to 110 C takes like 15 minutes, it slows down greatly after reaching 70-75 C, is it normal? Also, I made a video of heating procces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5hPDojkv30

That's about right. I have UMO with heated bed kit (and UM2) and did a test once on the UMO heated bed which is identical hardware. Also I did a print last week and getting from 100C to 110C seemed impossible - I think the room was too cold or too windy or something as it actually dropped a bit I think so printed at 105C instead.

0:00 20C
1:28 46C
2:16 50C
3:03 57C
3:25 60C
4:48 71C
6:03 80C
7:34 88C
8:04 90C
9:50 97C
10:43 100C

So for me it took almost 11 minutes to reach 100C and never really got to 110C unless I put a box over the top and plastic over the front.