Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
eric-lester

Official UM2 Dual Extrusion?

Sorry if this topic has been asked a lot, but I've spent a fair amount of time looking it over and haven't really come to any satisfactory end...is there an official Ultimaker dual extrusion kit for the Ultimaker 2? It doesn't look like it (to me at least), but I've seen rumors of it for well over a year. I know that adapting Cura especially would be a royal pain, but as the current version has some tantalizing settings for it, I'm not really sure what to make of it.

No, the official upgrade was cancelled: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/9344-company-update/&do=findComment&comment=90597

However, all necessary parts will be available in the webshop as spare parts at some point, I heard...

The current dual extrusion capabilities in Cura were made for the experimental Dual Extrusion Kit for the Ultimaker Original.

That's far from 'official' it's a development done by Creatr Italy and so far all the posts from users that bought that had problems or lack of support from they. I would stay away from that unless they start to answer all the post from users.

Edited by Guest

That's far from 'official' it's a development done by Creatr Italy and so far all the posts from users that bought that had problems or lack of support from they. I would stay away from that unless they start to answer all the post from users.

I didn't mean to imply it was an official kit. And as to problems I think they are the same problems that ultimaker has with dual head extruder .

Well, I don't know about Ultimaker, they stopped developing dual for um2. But the thing about Creatr it's that (so far that's what I know)

- It uses x2 75/80W heaters

- Bed doesn't work at all (not even for single nozzle)

- They stopped answering posts since a month or more ago (never a good sign)

For dual on um2 so far the best looking projects are the Dual system are this ones:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17656-ultimaker-2-dual-extruder-einstellen

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/10657-a-different-multi-extrusion-approach-um-tool-printhead-changer

Both are almost finish but not available yet. I truly think that Creatr did release their system way too soon in a hurry and without finishing it properly.

Just read the posts done by @shane he got one a few months ago and stopped writing 18days ago and by then he also didn't have any answer from Creatr and wasn't able to print.

No good mojo

• Like 1