Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
restinpieces

Horrible Avatar cropping & scaling

Thats the first site i have problems with avatar. This thing seems to take a random tiny crop of my image and then scales it to oblivion. Take a look at this:

medium_Minion-Amazed-icon_small.jpg

And thats the original:

gallery_33396_928_1239.jpg

even with bigger images it does that.

- Why is there no Info what would be the perfect size for an avatar image

- Why the hell does it crop an avatar? (O.o) that really baffles me

- Why the horrible scaling?

Avatars where the easiest shit since forums came along but this supposedly "user friendliness" makes a horrible complicated mess out of a simple process.

I don't get it. This really drives me nuts. I made an image that should make fun of this. But no matter what I do it does not crop. Same file type, same size. One image crops all text away not matter what I try, the other image does not crop at all no matter what I do.

Edit: It also seems to buffer your image so if u upload a completely different image with the same name it just takes the first image with that name.

This is by far the $!"%$&§%&/%$&/ worst Avatar function I have seen in my whole time on the internet.

I like sites that use my avatar on Gravatar.com. I can setup one avatar and know it will look the same on all of the sites that use it. Update it in one place and they all display it.

This doesn't work on youcantimagine.com because there is no URL avatar you can only upload one.