Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
oldandpr0ud

Newbie here

New to the 3d printing game, work as a draughtsman/estimator in a pre-cast company where we normally make everything from timber but recently tried some 4mm thick printed numbers and was really impressed at the results.

Looking forward to using this a bit more & getting some training on 3d programmes as I currently draw everything out using AutoCad.

Haven't bought my printer yet but looking at the Ultimaker 2.

tbh GR5 I have been using it for nearly 10 years now so pretty good at it, just thought a dedicated 3d programme would make things a bit quicker. Actually starting a revit course next month so maybe able to use that.

My latest pattern using Autocad.....took about an hour to draw.

C Panel

Welcome OAP

If your good at AutoCAD then your learning curve for 3D programs shouldnt be too bad. I think all of us "older" ones started with AutoCAD.

You`ll read and here all sorts of advice about which 3D package is best, but the best one is usually the one that you put more time and effort into... just like your 10 years experience with AutoCAD.

You cant go wrong choosing a UM2 :)