Stainless steel nozzles?

• 1 year later...
Posted · Stainless steel nozzles?

@ian: I have not seen any 3rd party nozzles / print cores for the UM3 yet, so there is no place to get abrasion resistant nozzles for the UM3 at the moment.

As a side track, Stainless Steel nozzles are really not desirable, they do wear and you have to lower your print speed and up your temperature since stainless have so bad thermal performance.

what would the best material be for a ultimaker 3 nozzle to Hand lots of carbon printing ?

Also would the carbon Filament wear down things like the bowden tube and the PEEK for example ?

I could see a lot of great function pieces being done with high Quality using an ultimaker 3 and carbon... I guess a few People have to burn their fingers first before we really know how to do it...

Maybe an idea for ultimaker 4..... Ultimaker Hardcore.... built to print things like carbon and PEEK material... ?

Thanks.

Ian :)

The best would be a ruby tipped nozzle, those have a fantastic abrasion resistance, @neotko did run a whole pile of XT-CF20 trough a beta version of the Olsson Ruby (i believe it was about 10kg) with no abrasion visible under a microscope :-)

• Like 1

cool thank you for the info !

Ian :)

The best would be a ruby tipped nozzle, those have a fantastic abrasion resistance, @neotko did run a whole pile of XT-CF20 trough a beta version of the Olsson Ruby (i believe it was about 10kg) with no abrasion visible under a microscope :-)

Indeed. They where 8 spools and a few more of formfutura carbon filament. And half of xt20 to finish the project. That also was with the first early beta nozzles, the current ones are even better because you can print at normal temps (the first and second beta did need 5-8C more to extrude the same, but with the current ones wow are amazing. Also they make better overhangs, and extrude with much more precision vs normal e3d. That one of things I lov most, I don't need to change nozzles 90% of the time and been printing a lot of glowinthedark lately without any worry.

Funny thing to do btw, pointing UV light to the ruby with glowinthedark filament inside.

One the things that has improved for me is the little tiny details like fonts and perimeters.

• Like 2