Sign in to follow this  
beeeeeeeeeew

1.75mm filament binding in quick connect

Posted · 1.75mm filament binding in quick connect

After printing a little with 1.75mm plastic I saw that the filament entering the Bowles tube started to get wavy, I opened up the filament feeder thing in the back and saw that the side of the plastic had caught on the side of the grey quick connect thing.then the feeder ground through the plastic. The only way I found to fix this is cut of the wavy plastic and feed new plastic in, just for it to happen 10 min later :( I was thinking about getting a smaller Bowen tube and replacing the quick connect, will that work?

The Ultimaker is not designed for 1.75mm filament. But with a thinner bowden tube and a different quick connect you might get away with it.

I've seen some great results with 1.75mm filament (with a different hotend), too bad it's about twice as expensive as 3mm filament.

Ok, il try to get the tube and the connector. So far I can't find the tube anywhere :cry: . Also, when I opened the feeder I saw the white piece of plastic that rubs against the plastic, will making it wider help? ( so it can have more pressure on the thinner filament)

I've seen some great results with 1.75mm filament (with a different hotend), too bad it's about twice as expensive as 3mm filament.

That might depend upon region. I pay the same for PLA or ABS, 3mm or 1.75mm, its $33 cdn/kg.